NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Pelicans 2020 Baby Crawl Race Contest (“Contest”) is only open to legal residents of the United States who: i) currently reside in Louisiana or within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of New Orleans, LA regardless of the state (the “Territory”); ii) are of legal age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry; and iii) are the parent or legal guardian of an infant between the ages of nine (9) months old and eleven (11) months old (“Infant(s)”) as of the date of the Game (defined below). Employees and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of the New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC (the “Sponsor” or "Pelicans"), the NBA Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, owners, employees, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, and children, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. The National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and NBA Media Ventures, LLC (collectively the “NBA Entities”) are neither a sponsor nor affiliated with this Contest and are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Contest. Void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply. Infants participating in the baby crawl race must be at least nine (9) months old and no more than eleven (11) months old as of the date of the Game (defined below). A copy of a birth certificate will be required to verify each Infant's age.
2. Promotion Period: Contest begins 12:00:00 pm Central Time (“CT”) on 2/17/2020 and ends at 5:00:00 pm CT on 3/10/2020 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit Pelicans.com/BabyCrawlRace and complete the entry form, including the submission of a photo of the Infant, in order to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”).
All Entries must be received by 5:00:00 p.m. CT on 3/10/2020. Limit one (1) entry per household for the entire Promotion Period. No automated, photocopied, computer-generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass Entries or any other Entries made by any means which subvert the Entry process are permitted and all such Entries will be void. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Contest and your consent for the Released Parties to obtain, use, and transfer your, address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, garbled, damaged, late, misdirected, delayed, inaccurate, stolen, or mutilated Entries; typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; human-processing errors; or inaccurate Entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Contest, or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether technical, electronic, computer, mechanical, network, typographical, printing, human, or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, or the announcement of the prize. Released Parties reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to void any and all Entries of an entrant who they believe has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entrant will be deemed as the person named on the Entry form, provided they are eligible according to these Official Rules. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a photograph, entrants certify that they are the sole owner of the photograph being submitted, that no approval is required, and that they have the full right, without restriction, to license the photograph. Furthermore, by submitting a photograph, entrants grant to Sponsor and its designees a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, promote, market, advertise, and display the photograph, for any purposes and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
5. Winner Selection: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, and based on the criteria outlined below, a panel of qualified judges on behalf of Sponsor will select, from among all eligible Entries received, ten (10) potential contestants (“Contestant(s)”) to participate in the baby crawl race. Sponsor will judge each Entry based on the following criteria: 1) Enthusiasm for the New Orleans Pelicans (0-30 points); 2) Cuteness: (0-30); and 3) Smile (0-40). In the event of a tie, such tied Entries will be re-judged based on the following criteria: Smile: 0-100 points. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores. The ten (10) entrants who submit the highest scoring Entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed Contestants (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Potential Contestants will be notified by telephone and/or email. Potential Contestants will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and (where legal) Publicity Release within five (5) days of the date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules in any way, the inability to contact the potential Contestants (as specified above), or return of prize or prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at the discretion of the Released Parties, the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in their sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest, or any entrant's participation in the Contest should causes beyond their control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, or if the Sponsor are or otherwise become (as determined in their sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned.
6. Prize Description: There will be ten (10) Contestants. Each Contestant will receive: i) two (2) tickets to the 3/22/2020 Pelicans home game in New Orleans, LA, (“Game”) (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $116), ii) one (1) official Pelicans racing onesie for the Infant (ARV: $10), and iii) the opportunity to go on court when the Infants of the Contestants will participate in the baby crawl race at the Game. Total ARV for each Contestant: $126. Total ARV of all Contestants: $1,260. Each Contestant is only entitled to enter one (1) Infant in the baby crawl race. As determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, the first Infant to crawl across the designated finish line or the Infant leading when time expires, without walking, will be declared the winner (“Winner”). ANY INFANT WHO RESORTS TO WALKING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. All Infants will start at the same time and have an equal distance to travel. Details, including the time allotted and location of the starting line and the finish line, will be established in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. There must be two (2) people present at the race to accompany each Infant, one (1) at the starting line and one (1) at the finish line, and one (1) individual present must be a parent/guardian. The Contestant of the Infant declared Winner will be the Grand Prize Winner and will receive the following: i) one (1) $250 gift card to the Pelicans team store (ARV: $250), and ii) one (1) autographed Jrue Holiday infant-sized jersey (ARV: $100). Total ARV of Grand Prize: $350.
CONTESTANTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PARKING AND ANY/ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE GAME. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers, or certificates will not be replaced. In the event game is postponed and rescheduled, tickets to the rescheduled game will be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for any game delays, any cancellation of game, and/or other difficulties occurring with any prize. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, and local taxes, any/all ground transportation to/from the game, parking, meals, incidentals, souvenirs, and other miscellaneous expenses are Contestants’ and Grand Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Exact seat locations to be determined solely by Sponsor. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Each Contestant and their guest agree to comply with such terms and conditions, as well as with all game and venue rules and regulations and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game. Contestant and/or guest will be escorted out of venue by Sponsor or its designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state, or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol), as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion and will forfeit the balance of their prize. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged, or applied towards tickets for any subsequent games. Actual value of autographed item is subject to market fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of any prize will not be awarded in any form. The award of a prize does not indicate any endorsement, approval, or sponsorship of this Contest by any named or implied individual or entity. Gift card portion of Grand Prize is subject to the terms and conditions on the gift card – see team store for details. Total ARV of all prizes awarded: $1,610.
Other than the details outlined above, Released Parties have no additional obligations or commitments to the participants, Contestants, or the Grand Prize Winner in connection with this Contest. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or non-response to prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize to an alternate winner for the applicable Entry Period. Entrants agree, by entering, that: i) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, any recording (voice, film, or video), and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission, or notification; ii) Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check and Entry in the Contest constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, entrants shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant based on the results of the background check or failure of the entrant to properly authorize such check; and iii) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or participation in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Contest (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from eligible, non-suspect Entries received for such drawing(s), prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that: i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Sponsor; ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Louisiana, USA.
10. Winners’ List: For the names of the winners (available after 3/31/2020 send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 5/15/2020 to: 2020 Baby Crawl Contest Winners, c/o New Orleans Pelicans, 5800 Airline Dr., Metairie, LA 70003.
11. Sponsor and Administrator: New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003