NBA unveils new official fantasy scoring, other fantasy initiatives for 2017-18 season
NEW YORK — The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced Thursday a series of new fantasy basketball initiatives for the 2017-18 season:
- The NBA has unveiled Official NBA Fantasy Scoring, which will be embedded within NBA.com and serve as the standard across all Official NBA Games on Yahoo!, FanDuel, NBA InPlay, PlayON and Dream11. Official NBA Fantasy Scoring is intended to make the fantasy experience consistent for NBA fans across all formats and content. The new scoring system, which was created through data analysis and feedback from NBA partners and fans, will be:
- Points: 1 ○ Steals: 3
- Rebounds: 1.2 ○ Blocks: 3
- Assists: 1.5 ○ Turnovers: -1
- NBA.com will feature enhanced fantasy content in partnership with FantasyPros, a leading site for fantasy tools and analysis. Fans will have access to FantasyPros’ mock draft simulator, expert consensus rankings and additional features at stats.nba.com/fantasydraft and stats.nba.com/fantasyranking.
- As previously announced, the NBA is labeling its schedule by week this season, creating more defined contest periods for fantasy games. The weekly regular-season schedule, consisting of 26 weeks, is available on stats.nba.com/schedule.
- To celebrate the start of the NBA regular season, FanDuel will introduce “NBA Passport to London,” where fans can enter daily contests during the season’s opening week for a chance to win a VIP trip to NBA London Game 2018 between the Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics on Jan. 11.