DA's Morning Tip
DA's Top 15 Rankings: Houston Rockets rise up to top
(Last week’s record in parenthesis; last week’s ranking in brackets)
1) Houston Rockets (3-0) : They’re just vaporizing opponents right now; only one of their last 10 victories, Cleveland, has been by less than double digits.
2) Boston Celtics (2-1) : Other than having continuing difficulty staying in front of Devin Booker, Cs rolling right along.
3) Cleveland Cavaliers (4-0) : Honestly, I’m not sure Derrick Rose coming back would be of much benefit to the Cavs now.
4) Golden State Warriors (3-1) : Steve Kerr sticking to getting regular rest for his oldsters — Andre Iguodala, David West, etc.
5) San Antonio Spurs (3-1) : Kawhi is Klose to making his season debut.
6) Toronto Raptors (2-0) : Everybody’s Edward R. Murrow all of a sudden.
7) Detroit Pistons (2-2) : Still awaiting return of Jon Leuer (ankle), who’s getting a second opinion and will be out at least 2-4 more weeks.
8) Philadelphia 76ers (2-2) : Per StatMuse, Robert Covington now has 17 games with six or more three-pointers; no other player in franchise history has more than four.
9) Milwaukee Bucks (3-0) : Bucks are 8-3 since Eric Bledsoe acquisition.
10) Denver Nuggets (2-1) : Nuggets fans awaiting definitive word on Jokic ankle.
11) Minnesota Timberwolves (2-2) : Tom Thibodeau won his 300th NBA game Sunday night in the Wolves’ win over the Clippers.
12) Washington Wizards (2-1) : Tomas Satoransky giving Wizards production at the point while John Wall is out.
13) Portland Trail Blazers (1-2) : What is up with the Blazers at home (7-6) this season? Another bad performance at Moda Saturday, against the Pelicans.
14) Utah Jazz (3-0) [NR]: Derrick Favors answering the call: 18.6 points, 9 boards, 73.1 percent (!) from the floor during Jazz’s five-game winning streak.
15) New Orleans Pelicans (1-2) : Pelicans fans awaiting definitive word on Davis groin.
Dropped out: New York 
* * *
* * *
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.