BROOKLYN – On the occasion of the Nets celebrating 10 years in Brooklyn, the team is debuting The Brooklyn Way – reflecting the Brooklyn ethos that encapsulates the community and culture of the borough. As the Nets planted roots in Brooklyn over the past decade, the team has been inspired by the spirit of the people of Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Way will come to life at Barclays Center, throughout the community, and be imbued in the way the team communicates with its fans.
To celebrate the Nets’ 10 years in Brooklyn, the team will feature special programming to infuse the five cultural pillars that define the borough - Basketball, Music, Fashion, Food and The Arts. Additionally, the Nets have released a short film called 10 Years in Brooklyn, a visual love letter to the borough told through the eyes of the first generation of born-and-bred Nets fans, 10-year-olds, giving their unique perspective on what The Brooklyn Way means to them. In the film, they explain that Brooklyn is about being oneself – being “who I am and not changing for other people” represents the confidence, character, and grit of the community.
“Brooklyn has a distinct identity, comprised of diverse, driven, and passionate people that embody the spirit of The Brooklyn Way,” said Andrew Karson, Senior Vice President of Brand Marketing, Strategy & Solutions, BSE Global. “The Brooklyn Way will come to life through our celebration of 10 Years in Brooklyn, which is for, and inspired by, Nets fans and the borough. To commemorate this milestone, we will show appreciation to our community for their support over the past decade, spotlight the best of Brooklyn basketball and culture, and establish traditions for the future.”
10 Years in Brooklyn
Additional initiatives celebrating 10 Years in Brooklyn include:
- 10 Years in Brooklyn Celebrations - The Nets will host 10 Years in Brooklyn Celebration games at Barclays Center with special giveaways. The programming will be representative of The Brooklyn Way by focusing on the unique culture and community of the borough across five pillars: Basketball, Music, Fashion, Food and The Arts. The first 10 Years in Brooklyn Celebration game is November 1 when the Nets take on the Chicago Bulls.
- 10 Creators - To further amplify programming around the five pillars, the Nets are partnering with 10 renowned Brooklyn creators across industries to deliver unique collaborations for fans, including film productions, musical performances and more. The 10 Creators will be announced on November 1, the day of the first 10 Years in Brooklyn Celebration game.
- Displays - Barclays Center will install a mosaic comprised of fan-submitted photos from select events throughout the arena’s first decade that will be unveiled on November 30. Additionally, the original Barclays Center logo from the first-ever Brooklyn Nets court will be on display this season in the entryway at the top of Sections 1 and 31.
- Talent Showcase - The team will host an open call audition to find Brooklyn’s best emerging talent amongst musicians, singers, dancers and comedians, and select finalists will have the opportunity to perform at Nets games this season. Details for the audition will be announced in the coming months.
- Merch Collections - The Nets will also debut two commemorative merchandise collections that will be sold online at netsstore.com and in the team store at Barclays Center, Brooklyn Fanatics, beginning October 19.
- 10 Year Diamond Chain - The team has collaborated with luxury jewelry designer Avi & Co. to create a custom diamond chain necklace with a pendant of the Nets’ 10 Year logo. The custom piece can be seen at select Nets home games this season where special guests will have the opportunity to wear it. Click HERE for an image of the 10 Year chain.
The Nets will also bring the 10 Years in Brooklyn celebration to life through various community programs around youth basketball and murals, and engage with local businesses in grassroots efforts to elevate the five cultural pillars.
Tickets for the 2022-23 Brooklyn Nets season are on-sale now at seatgeek.com/nets.