Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a member of the Orlando Magic Dancers! Auditions are typically held in July each summer, with dates being released in late spring. If you would like to be placed on the audition email list to receive future updates or if you have additional questions regarding the audition process, please email your full name and contact details to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest and good luck next summer!
2019-2020 Pre-Audition Classes
- Tuesday, June 11 at RDV Sportsplex
- Wednesday, June 12 at RDV Sportsplex
- More dates may be added
- Pre-registration and more details coming soon!
First Round Audition at Hardrive Productions – Friday, June 14, 2019
- Time and registration details TBA
- NEW LOCATION FOR 2019: Hardrive Productions, 4605 LB McLeod, Ste 100, Orlando, FL 32811
- Please bring headshot, full-body shot, resume and $25 application fee
- First round is closed to the public, family, and friends.
- You will not need to prepare your own performance routine.
- The first round will consist of a series of 2-3 eliminations that will include freestyle, jazz technique, and hip-hop choreography.
- A maximum of 30 finalists will advance at the end of this day.
- We recommend that you bring snacks, a water bottle, a towel, and items to freshen up between rounds.
- Participants will be judged on appearance, fitness, dance ability, style, strength and completion of movement, energy, projection, and potential.
Finalist Interviews at RDV Sportsplex – Monday, June 17 and Tuesday, June 18 by appointment
- Each finalist will be interviewed by representatives of the Orlando Magic.
- Interviews are designed to learn more about the personality of the candidate.
- Finalist will be asked about their ability to commit to a one year contract.
- Each interview will last approximately 10-15 minutes per candidate.
- Business casual attire preferred.
- Interview times will be scheduled following the final elimination in the 1st round.
- Finalists will be judged based upon speaking ability, energy, presence, maturity, ability to commit to the job, and over-all impression.
Finalist Boot Camp at RDV Sportsplex – Saturday, June 15 through Monday, June 17
- Finalists will participate in jazz and hip-hop dance classes taught by guest choreographers.
- Finalists will go through intense fitness training classes.
- Fitness assessments will be conducted.
- All nights of boot camp are mandatory (no exceptions).
- The Magic Dancers Manager, Jeanine Klem-Thomas, will be observing and judging finalists based upon their interaction with the other candidates, their work ethic, their ability to 'get out of their comfort zone', and their overall performance in all planned boot camp activities.
- Alumni Panel Evaluation will be conducted.
Final Audition at Amway Center – Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- One final opportunity for the finalists to perform the audition routine for the judges panel.
- This exciting event will be streamed live on orlandomagic.com for family and friends to watch.
- The 2019-2020 Orlando Magic Dancers will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
- Female Dancers who are 18 years of age or older by the audition date.
- Must have previous dance training and experience in jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills a bonus, but not required.
- Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions).
- Must provide one non-returnable headshot and one non-returnable full-body shot (5"x7" or larger preferred). Photos are used for identification purposes.
- Professional photo is not mandatory. Photos should be a current representation of what you look like or will look like at the audition.
- Must provide a current dance and professional resume (if applicable).
- Must be of good moral character and successfully complete all pre-employment screening. RDV Sports is a drug-free workplace.
- Must live in Central Florida or be willing to relocate.
- Must have dependable transportation to rehearsals, games, and appearances.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to commit to the Magic Dancers' schedule, which includes but is not limited to attendance at all rehearsals, all designated home games, community, charitable, and corporate event appearances for ONE FULL YEAR. If you cannot commit for the next year, please do not audition.
- Dance or athletic half-top (stomach must be showing)
- Hot pants, dance trunks, or shorts (no full or capri length pants)
- Dance sneakers, tennis shoes, or jazz shoes with non-marking soles
- Flesh tone hose, tights, or fishnets
- Performance ready hair and make-up
What we're looking for:
- Showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm!
- Professionalism and maturity
- Dancers who are well-spoken and can represent the Orlando Magic in a professional manner at all times
- Dance technique and style
- Ability to pick up dance choreography quickly
- Consistent positive attitude
- Strong teamwork skills
- Physical fitness and personal appearance
- Ability and desire to commit to the job for ONE FULL YEAR
- A maximum of 20 team members for the 2019-20 season
- Hardrive Productions, 4605 LB McLeod, Ste 100, Orlando, FL 32811
Choreographer/Instructor, Pamela Bolling
Classes On-going! Call 407-872-3030 for current class schedules and rates
Recommended photographer for head shots and full length body shots:
- Michael Cairns - Official photographer of the Orlando Magic Dancers
Wet Orange Studio
Visit https://www.wetorangestudio.com/ for location, rates, and samples of his work.
Recommended Salon for Styling Needs:
- Stella Luca Salon – Official Salon of the Orlando Magic Dancers
Visit https://www.stellaluca.com/ for more information!
- Call 407-740-6711 to make your appointment now.
- Styling team for 2018-19 includes: Olivia Bobbitt, Megan Glisson, Kimber Tanner, Demarco Mireles, Danielle Schmitz, Rachel Traexler, Joy Ulman, Desiree Wilson, Ingrid Taylor, Jessica Cordoba, Kalyn Rolly, Nicholas Hipple, Ricardo Pagan and Steven Roberts.
What you can expect if you are hired as a member of the 2019-2020 Orlando Magic Dancers:
- Being a member of one of the NBA's hottest dance teams!
- Experiencing the excitement of performing in front of over 18,000 Magic fans at every home game
- Local and national media exposure
- Potential travel opportunities! In recent seasons the team has visited the Dominican Republic, Mexico City, London, Brazil, the Bahamas, Columbia, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, Poland, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Spain, Italy, Indonesia and more!
- Making a positive and profound impact in the Central Florida Community by participating in various charitable events and causes
- Enjoying numerous perks such as professional hair makeovers by Stella Luca Salon in Winter Park Village, professional make-up application lessons by MAC, free membership to the RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club, professional photography sessions by Entertainment Photographer Michael Cairns, free fitness assessments, access to athletic trainers, and so much more!
- Getting paid for doing something you love!
- Making lifelong friends with your teammates!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY…BEING PART OF THE ACTION IN THE NBA!
Frequently Asked Audition Questions:
- Do current Orlando Magic Dancers have to audition again? YES - All current team members wishing to renew their contract must audition again. No spots on the team are guaranteed.
- Is there a maximum age limit to be a Magic Dancer? NO – The minimum age is 18 but there is no maximum age limit. The current team ranges from 20-30 years of age.
- Are the Magic Dancers paid? YES – This is a paid professional position and the Dancers are paid per game worked, per rehearsal attended, and per paid appearance worked.
- Is being a Magic Dancer a full-time job? NO – Hours worked per week vary greatly throughout the year.
- Can I hold a full-time job or be a student while maintaining the Magic Dancers' schedule? YES – As long as you keep your evenings free for games and rehearsals, it is possible to work a full-time professional job or maintain a full-time school schedule.
- How often and when do you practice? Rehearsals are held 2-3 nights per week beginning as early as 6 p.m., lasting as late as 10 p.m. Most rehearsals are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, but Thursday night and weekend rehearsals are scheduled as necessary. On game nights, there are also mandatory pre-game rehearsals at the Arena which begin 4 hours prior to tip-off (i.e. 3 p.m. for 7 p.m. games).
- How quickly will rehearsals and games begin? There will be a contract meeting the week following the final audition with rehearsals beginning shortly thereafter (this schedule will be distributed during auditions). Games typically begin mid-October with the regular season lasting through April and playoff games lasting as late as June.
For further information or to be placed on the mailing list please call Jeanine Klem-Thomas at 407-916-2675 or e-mail us.