Latest Draft News
2021 Draft Sweepstakes Rules
2021 Draft Sweepstakes operated by Orlando Magic, Ltd and Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC. No purchase necessary. Entry Period June 22, 2021 – July 30, 2021. Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Florida who live within a 150-mile radius of Orlando, Florida, entrant must be 18 years or older. Void where prohibited.
2021 DRAFT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES begins at 2:00 PM (ET) on JUNE 22, 2021 AND ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on JULY 30, 2021.
1. HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) way to enter the sweepstakes:
Online. Complete official entry form available at www.orlandomagic.com/draftsweepstakes and click on “submit” (an “Online Entry”).
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (ET) on July 30, 2021 to be eligible for the drawing. No mechanically reproduced entries or illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, delayed, postage due, misaddressed, or misdirected entries or mail; (ii) technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or internet connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes; (iii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or used in the sweepstakes; (iv) errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the sweepstakes; (v) theft, loss, or destruction of, or damage to, an Online Entry; (vi) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in an entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; and (vii) any other factors beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors. Each entrant assumes all risk of a damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Online Entry. Each entry must be mailed or submitted separately. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
2. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize: Admission for two (2) to a meet and greet with the 2021 Orlando Magic top draft pick before or during the 2021-22 NBA season (meet and greet may be virtual or in person based on timing, health and safety protocols, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor), one (1) Orlando Magic statement jersey autographed by the 2021 Orlando Magic top draft pick and two (2) tickets to a 2021-2022 Orlando Magic regular season home game with an approximate retail value of seven hundred dollars ($700.00). Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Limit one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsors retain the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value when necessary. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of Florida who reside within one hundred and fifty (150) miles of Orlando, Florida (but not within seventy-five (75) miles of Miami, Florida), eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the beginning of the sweepstakes, except for employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and members of the same household of the Sponsors, Adventist Health System/Sunbelt, Inc., Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents. Proof of eligibility may be required. Limit one (1) entry per person; anyone who submits multiple entries is subject to disqualification.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner will be determined from among all eligible entries received by a random drawing to be conducted on August 2, 2021 by a representative of the Orlando Magic, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by email and/or phone.
The prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be transferred or substituted. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where permitted, a Publicity Release. Prizes may be awarded to an alternate winner selected randomly from other eligible entries if: (i) Affidavit/Release is not returned within ten (10) days after sending to winner; (ii) winner fails to meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3; (iii) the prize notification letter or prizes are returned as undeliverable; (iv) two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email account are unsuccessful; or (v) winner declines the prizes.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
(a) Informal Dispute Resolution. Prior to filing any arbitration proceeding pursuant to paragraph 6(b) hereof, the party intending to file such a proceeding shall notify the other party in writing of the existence and the nature of the dispute. The parties each agree that within ten (10) business days of the other party's receipt of such notice, a representative of each party shall meet in-person for a minimum of one (1) eight (8) hour day, or such shorter period of time if the dispute is more quickly resolved, in Orlando, Florida in order to attempt to amicably resolve the dispute. If such informal dispute resolution attempts prove to be unsuccessful, the notifying party may initiate the dispute resolution procedures available as set forth herein. Each party shall bear its own costs associated with the meeting and in no event shall either party be liable to the other for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of such meeting.
(b) Arbitration. Except as provided in paragraph 6(c) with respect to injunctive proceedings, and paragraph 6(a) with respect to informal dispute resolution, all controversies, disputes or claims arising between the parties arising out of or related to the sweepstakes shall be submitted promptly for arbitration to be conducted in Orlando, Florida, and administered by the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration proceedings shall be resolved by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties. If the parties are unable to agree on the appointment of the arbitrator to resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days from the date when the request for arbitration initially has been communicated to the other party, such appointment shall be made by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall have the right to award or include in the award any relief deemed proper under the circumstances, including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the prevailing party. The award and decision of the arbitrators shall be conclusive and binding upon all parties hereto and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties waive any right to contest the validity or enforceability of such award.
(c) Injunctive Relief. The parties acknowledge that violation of these Official Rules would cause irreparable harm that would not be adequately compensable by monetary damages. In addition to other relief, it is agreed that preliminary and permanent injunctive relief will be available to prevent any actual or threatened violation of such provisions.
7. GENERAL: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The sweepstakes shall in all respects be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, including all matters of construction, validity and performance, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner may be required to sign an IRS form 1099 or the equivalent. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors, Adventist Health System/Sunbelt, Inc., Orlando Magic, Ltd., Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents if he or she tampers with the entry process or his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the sweepstakes should any virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsors' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not liable to a winner or to any other person for failure to supply the prizes described herein (or any part thereof) by reason of such prizes (or any portion thereof) becoming unavailable or impracticable to award for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors. Each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, Adventist Health System/Sunbelt, Inc., Orlando Magic, Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damages or causes of action arising from or in connection with such entrant’s participation in or winner’s receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes. Entrants agree to the use of their name, likeness, biographical data, and/or voice in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by the Indemnified Parties, in any medium, without additional authorization, compensation, or remuneration to the extent permitted by law. Sponsors are responsible only for delivery of prizes, and not for use, utility, quality, or otherwise.
8. WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2021 Draft Sweepstakes, 400 W Church Street, Suite 250, Orlando, FL 32801. Requests must be received by August 4, 2021. The list will be sent after selection of the winner.
9. SPONSORS: Orlando Magic, Ltd., 400 W Church Street, Suite 250, Orlando, FL 32801; and Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, 400 W Church Street, Suite 250, Orlando, FL 32801 (collectively, the “Sponsors”).