Los Angeles Lakers Ticket Terms and Conditions
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY GOVERN YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE TICKET AND CONTAIN A BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS-ACTION WAIVER PROVISION BY WHICH YOU GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTES RELATING TO THE TICKET OR THE SPECIFIED GAME OR EVENT FOR WHICH IT IS ISSUED.
- This ticket is a revocable personal license, and the holder of this ticket, on behalf of the holder and any accompanying minor or legally incapacitated adult, including a minor or legally incapacitated adult holding a separate ticket (individually and collectively, the "Holder"), agrees to be bound by all of its terms and conditions. The Holder agrees that this ticket license is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as any additional terms and conditions established by the Los Angeles Lakers and/or its affiliates (the “Team”), the National Basketball Association and/or its affiliates (the "NBA"), and any operator of the arena or related arena grounds (including, without limitation, parking areas and entry gates) (the “Arena”) at which the event or any surrounding activities (in whole or in part) for which this ticket is issued (the “Event”) is held (collectively, all such additional terms, “Supplemental Terms”). Supplemental Terms include any health and safety requirements and other terms, as may be updated from time to time, set forth at the following URL: https://www.nba.com/lakers/tickets. By acceptance and/or use of this ticket and/or entering (or seeking entry into) the Arena, the Holder is deemed to have read all such terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- Due to the uncertainty related to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, collectively “COVID-19”), this ticket and the Holder’s admission to the Arena are subject to all security, fan conduct, safety and health requirements and policies put in place by the Team, NBA, and Arena, including any requirements relating to facemasks and/or enhanced health screenings (which may include a requirement that the Holder, and any person for whom the Holder obtains a ticket or is in the Holder’s party, be tested and/or vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the Event) and those policies and requirements described in the Supplemental Terms. Such policies and requirements as they may be updated from time to time (in the sole determination of the Team, NBA and/or Arena) and as they may be communicated to the Holder prior to or during the Event (whether orally or in writing) by, for example, instruction provided by Team or Arena personnel or signage in or around the Arena, are collectively referred to below as the “Safety Requirements”. The Holder acknowledges and agrees to comply with the Safety Requirements (including all requirements that must be satisfied prior to or during the Event) and all applicable laws, policies, orders, protocols, and guidelines issued by federal, state, and local authorities respecting COVID-19 and other communicable diseases (collectively the “Applicable Laws”), and attendance at the Event is conditioned on such compliance.
- The Holder agrees, on behalf of the Holder and Holder’s Related Persons (defined below), that the Holder and such individual will not attend the Event if, within the prior 14 days, any such individual has tested positive for COVID-19 or, unless fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”)), any one or more of the following is true on the day of such Event:
- Within the prior 14 days, any such individual was exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Any such individual must isolate or quarantine on the day of such Event due to COVID-19 as required by Applicable Laws;
- Within the prior 48 hours, such individual has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, new confusion, bluish lips or face, inability to wake or stay awake, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the CDC (“COVID-19 Symptoms”)); anyone who is fully vaccinated but experiences any of the COVID-19 Symptoms identified above within the 48 hours prior to the Event should nevertheless consult with a healthcare provider and receive a negative test result for COVID-19 before attending; or
- Within the prior 14 days, such individual has travelled to a state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
- To ensure that all Event patrons agree to, and comply with, all Safety Requirements and all other NBA, Team and Arena rules, this ticket may not be resold or offered for resale on any platform other than a platform expressly authorized by the Team or the NBA. This ticket must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium as prohibited by any federal, state, or local law or regulation. It is unlawful to sell or purchase tickets on Arena property or adjoining property without permission as required by City of Los Angeles Municipal Code Section 42.03. Violation of this ordinance or the resale of tickets in violation of state law (Penal Code Section 346) may result in fine, imprisonment or both. Resale or attempted resale of this ticket in violation of applicable law is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation. Without limiting the foregoing, any transfer of this ticket to any person who fails to satisfy any Safety Requirement (including pre-Event requirements established by the Team or Arena) may be voided by the Team and this ticket cancelled.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY (IF ANY) IF ADMISSION IS REFUSED OR REVOKED, OR THE EVENT IS CANCELLED AND NOT REPLAYED, IS A REFUND OF UP TO THE TICKET’S FACE VALUE SET BY THE TEAM (THE “FACE VALUE”). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TEAM, NBA, OR ARENA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES BEYOND THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF FACE VALUE FOR THIS TICKET.
- The date and time of the Event (and the opening of the gates) are subject to change by Team, NBA, and/or Arena, in their sole discretion, and no such change shall entitle Holder to a refund or any other remedy if Holder cannot attend or for any other reason. Holder may be relocated in the sole discretion of Team or Arena, and no such relocation shall entitle Holder to a refund or any other remedy.
- The Holder agrees not to transmit, distribute, misappropriate or sell (or aid in transmitting, distributing, misappropriating or selling), in any media now or hereafter existing, any description, account (whether text, data or visual, and including (without limitation) play-by-play data), picture, video, audio or other form of exploitation or reproduction of the Event. This ticket may not be used for any form of commercial or trade purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, gambling or gaming activities, without the express written consent of the Team and NBA.
- Breach of any of these terms, failure to comply with Safety Requirements or NBA, Team and/or Arena rules, or the refunding to the Holder of the Face Value, shall automatically terminate any rights that the Holder may have hereunder; shall render illegal and unauthorized the Holder’s use of the ticket for any purpose; and shall authorize the Team and/or the NBA to withdraw the ticket, refuse admission to the Arena, or eject the Holder from the Arena, without refund in each case, and subject the Holder to all legal remedies available to the NBA, Team and/or Arena.
- THE HOLDER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AN INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 EXISTS IN ANY PLACE WHERE PEOPLE ARE PRESENT AND THAT NO PRECAUTIONS (INCLUDING THE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS DESCRIBED ABOVE) CAN ELIMINATE THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19. COVID-19 IS AN EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS DISEASE THAT CAN LEAD TO SEVERE ILLNESS AND DEATH. WHILE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES AND HEALTH CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY COVID-19, CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED BY PUBLIC HEALTH AUTHORITIES AS HAVING GREATER RISK BASED ON AGE AND UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS. THE HOLDER OF THIS TICKET VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISK AND DANGER OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), SICKNESS (INCLUDING ILLNESS AND OTHER RISKS OF EXPOSEUR TO COVID-19, OR OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASE OR ILLNESS, OR A BACTERIA, VIRUS OR OTHER PATHOGEN CAPABLE OF CAUSING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE OR ILLNESS), LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR CONFISECATED PROPERTY, AND ALL OTHER HAZARDS ARISING FROM, OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE EVENT (INCLUDING COMPLYING WITH THE SAFTETY REQUIREMENTS), WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- On behalf of the Holder and the Holder’s Related Persons (defined below), the Holder further hereby releases (and covenants not to sue) each of the Released Parties (defined below) with respect to any and all claims that the Holder or any of the Holder’s Related Persons may have (or hereafter accrue) against any of the Released Parties and that relate in any way to (i) exposure to COVID-19; (ii) entry into, or presence within or around, the Arena or the Event (including all risks related thereto) or compliance with any protocols or Safety Requirements applicable to the Event; or (iii) any interaction between the Holder and the Holder’s Related Persons, on the one hand, and any personnel of any of the Released Parties present at the Event, on the other hand, in each case whether caused by any action, inaction or negligence of any Released Party or otherwise. Holder understands that the foregoing release discharges the Released Parties from any and all liability or claims Holder or Holder’s Related Persons may have against the Released Parties with respect to but not limited to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, property damage and any and all other liability that may arise out of or be attributable to Holder's attendance at the Event, including but not limited to those claims that may be unknown to Holder, or which Holder does not suspect to exist at this time. On behalf of Holder and Holder’s Related Persons, Holder expressly waives all rights, benefits, and protections Holder or Holder’s Related Persons may have under California Civil Code Section 1542, which reads as follows: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY. As used herein:
- “Related Persons” means the Holder’s heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, next of kin, anyone attending the Event with the Holder or for whom the Holder has obtained an Event ticket (which persons the Holder represents have authorized the Holder to act on their behalf for purposes of these terms), and other persons acting or purporting to act on the Holder’s or their behalf.
- “Released Parties” means: (i) the National Basketball Association and its member teams (including the Team), and each of their respective direct and indirect owners, affiliates, players and coaches, administrators, designees, licensees, and other personnel; (ii) the direct and indirect owners, lessees and sublessees of the Arena; (iii) all third parties performing services at the Arena; (iv) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related companies of each of the entities described in clauses (i)-(iii); and (v) the officers, directors, owners, members, managers, partners, employers, employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors (and employees of such contractors and sub-contractors), insurers, representatives, other personnel, successors and/or assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons described in clauses (i) – (iv), whether past, present or future and whether in their institutional or personal capacities.