Go Behind the Scenes of the Lakers and Laker Girls
El Segundo, CA – Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will launch on October 1, giving fans insider access into the Lakers organization through two original unscripted series about the team. “Backstage: Lakers” and “Laker Girls” will provide an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the season while it unfolds and the making of the team’s iconic dance squad.
“The Lakers have given us unprecedented access to take viewers where they typically aren’t allowed, which is exactly what we envisioned when we decided to launch these networks,” said David Rone, President, Time Warner Cable Sports. “These initial series, ‘Backstage: Lakers’ and ‘Laker Girls,’ represent that vision.”
“We have one of the strongest fan bases in professional sports and Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will give our fans the access to the Lakers that they crave,” said Jeanie Buss, Executive Vice President, Business Operations, Los Angeles Lakers. “We’ve had an exciting offseason and can’t wait to see this team on our new local TV home.”
“Backstage: Lakers” (titled “Lakers Confidencial” on Time Warner Cable Deportes) will chronicle the Lakers season from start to finish, taking viewers into the locker room, executive offices and other previously off-limits areas to see the team’s key players and personalities make the decisions that affect the outcome of the season. The premiere episode takes fans from the end of the 2011-12 season in Oklahoma City to the start of 2012-13 training camp, gives an inside look at the arrival of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard and examines fan reactions to the Lakers’ headline-making offseason. “Backstage: Lakers” is a weekly 30-minute documentary that debuts on October 1, the networks’ opening night, at 9:00 p.m.* and new episodes will air every week for the entirety of the Lakers season. October’s episodes are as follows:
- “Backstage: Lakers” episode 1 – OPENING NIGHT, Monday, October 1, 9:00 p.m.
- “Backstage: Lakers” episode 2 – Wednesday, October 10, 5:00 p.m.
- “Backstage: Lakers” episode 3 – Wednesday, October 17, 5:00 p.m.
- “Backstage: Lakers” episode 4 – Wednesday, October 24, 5:00 p.m.
- “Backstage: Lakers” episode 5 – Wednesday, October 31, 5:00 p.m.
“Laker Girls” (also titled “Laker Girls” on Time Warner Cable Deportes) provides an in-depth profile of the making of the 2012-13 squad and its members. Fans will learn first-hand about the fierce competition to make the iconic dance squad, from open call tryouts attracting more than 500 women to a behind-the-scenes peek at opening night at STAPLES Center. The “Laker Girls” reality series is made up of five one-hour episodes and debuts on October 2 at 8:00 p.m., with the full series airing as follows:
- “Laker Girls” episode 1 – Tuesday, October 2, 8:00 p.m.
- “Laker Girls” episode 2 – Tuesday, October 9, 9:00 p.m.
- “Laker Girls” episode 3 – Wednesday, October 17, 9:00 p.m.
- “Laker Girls” episode 4 – Tuesday, October 23, 9:00 p.m.
- “Laker Girls” episode 5 – Finale, Tuesday, November 6, 9:00 p.m.
Recent Stories on Lakers.com