NBA Years: Rookie
Selected by the Lakers in the second round (48th overall) of the 2013 NBA Draft.
Appeared in 126 games (69 starts) with Duke, averaging 7.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.06 blocks in 19.3 minutes ... Following his senior season at Duke, ranked fourth in the Blue Devils record books in career winning percentage (111-15 (.881) record with him on the floor) ... Two-time Team Captain ... Senior (2012-13): Averaged 12.9 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.6 blocks, while shooting 42.2 percent (35-83) from behind the arc and 81.2 percent from the foul line ... Honorable Mention All-ACC performer despite playing in just five league games ... Returned from a right foot injury after missing 13 games to score a career-high 36 points (10-14 FG, 7-9 3FG) in a 79-76 win over No. 5 Miami ... Junior (2011-12): Averaged 11.8 points and 5.4 rebounds while shooting 40.8 percent (40-98) from behind the arc ... Made a three-point field goal in 23-of-31 games ... Shot 80.7 percent (113-of-14) from the free throw line, the second highest clip on the team ... Ranked 17th in the ACC in scoring, 16th in rebounding, ninth in free throw percentage and 10th in blocks ... Named MVP of the Maui Invitational and to the All-Tournament team ... Led the team with 14 charges drawn ... Recorded a season-high 23 points, eight rebounds and two blocks vs. Wake Forest ... Sophomore (2010-11): Averaged 6.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks ... Ninth in the ACC in blocks per game ... Shot 51.6 percent from the field and 80.5 percent from the line ... Made 18 consecutive field goal attempts, including seven straight three-pointers, in a four-game stretch from Jan. 15 through Jan. 27 ...The 18 straight made shots is second-most in Duke history ... Scored a season-high 20 points (6-6 FG, 4-4 3FG) vs. Wake Forest ... Led Duke with 19 charges taken ... Freshman (2009-10): Made 35 appearances (15-of-16 conference games), averaging 1.2 points and 1.1 rebounds per game.
Ryan Kelly #4 of the Los Angeles Lakers looks to pass against the Golden State Warriors during the 2013 Global Games on October 15, 2013 at the MasterCard Center in Beijing, China.
- Born Ryan Matthew Kelly on April 9, 1991 in Carmel, N.Y.
- Son of Chris and Doreen Kelly
- Father, Chris, played basketball at Yale from 1981-85 and also played professionally in France for three years
- Mother, Doreen, played volleyball at Pennsylvania and toured with Athletes In Action to South America
- Has a younger brother, Sean, and a younger sister, Erin
- Grandfather, Richard Casey, played basketball at Fordham
- While at Duke, was a member of the National Honor Society, honor roll and semifinalist National Merit Scholar
- Earned a silver medal with the 2008 USA U18 National Team at the 2008 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Formosa, Argentina
- Four-year letter winner at Ravenscroft School
- 2009 McDonald’s All-American
- Won the three-point contest at the McDonald’s All-America Powerade Jam Fest
- First team Parade All-America pick in 2009
- 2009 Jordan Brand All-American
- North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior
- Two-time first team all-state and TISAC player of the year honoree
- Posted 25.2 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, 2.0 assists and 1.7 steals per game as a senior
- Rated in the top 20 overall by Scout.com (No. 12), ESPN.com (No. 17) and Rivals.com (No. 20).