#22 Slater Martin
Slater Martin, who was known for his playmaking ability and defensive prowess, helped lead the Minneapolis Lakers to four titles in the 1950s, including three straight from 1952-1954.
He starred alongside center George Mikan and forwards Vern Mikkelson and Jim Pollard in an era where the Lakers dominated basketball.
The Texas native was a 7-time NBA All-Star and 5-time All-NBA Second Teamer during his 11-year career in the league. Martin was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1982.
- Selected by Minneapolis in the 1949 BAA Draft
- Member of the Lakers NBA championship teams in 1950 and 1952-54
- Five-time selection to the All-NBA second team (twice with Lakers)
- Seven-time All-Star (five with Lakers)
- Led the Lakers in assists from the 1951-52 season through 1955-56
- Enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1982