Postgame Notes: Lakers 92, Suns 100 (Game 4 - 5/30/21)
Lakers fell behind in the second half and made a run late in the 4th quarter, but couldn't make up the deficit to fall 92-100. Series is now tied 2-2.
- Anthony Davis left the game in the 2nd quarter and did not return due to a left groin strain. He had 6 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists in 19 minutes. li>
- LeBron James had 25 points and 12 rebounds and 6 assists. James was 1-7 from 3 and had 6 turnovers. li>
- Marc Gasol had 12 points, going 3-5 from 3, and had 8 rebounds and 3 assists and 3 blocks.
- Dennis Schröder had 8 points on 3-13 shooting and added 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Andre Drummond had 5 points and 10 rebounds, but 0 offensive rebounds.
- Kyle Kuzma had 11 points on 4-11 shooting and 1-5 from 3. He added 4 rebounds and 2 assists. li>
- Wesley Matthews had 6 points, going 2-5 from 3.
- Lakers led in bench points 42-23. li>
- Lakers held a 58-50 rebounding edge, but both teams had 9 offensive rebounds. li>
- 3 point shooting was well defended with the Lakers going 13-40 and the Suns 10-35 from 3. li>
- Lakers had 15 turnovers to 10 for the Suns. Suns had 12 steals. li>
- 1st Quarter: Lakers get out to a 12-8 lead. LeBron has 7 early points and Matthews, starting for KCP, has a 3. It's an even game through the quarter, now 17-15 Lakers. Lakers shooting 43% and Suns 41%. Lakers with 4 turnovers, Suns 3. Lakers shooting 3-7 from 3 to 1-6 for the Suns. Suns go on an 8-0 run to get a 4 point lead. Lakers close the quarter with a Gasol tip-in at the buzzer to lead 24-23. 9 lead changes in the 1st quarter. Suns still shooting 41%, but Lakers down to 38%.
- 2nd Quarter: Kuzma sets up Drummond on a dunk and then hits a 3. LeBron sets-up McLemore with a crazy pass and Ben's 3 pushes the Lakers lead to 32-25. After building an 11 point lead, the Lakers see the lead evaporate and trail with 5:09 left in the quarter 40-43. Lakers go back in the lead, but Suns close on a 10-2 run and Lakers are behind after the first half 50-54. Both teams have 7 turnovers. Suns shooting 45% to Lakers 41%. Suns up to 40% from 3. Lakers 3-4 from the free throw line, Suns at 8-9.
- 3rd Quarter: Lakers falls behind 54-68 as the Suns begin the quarter on a 14-4 run. Lakers 1-5 for the quarter to 6-10 for the Suns. Lakers behind throughout the quarter and trail at the end of 3, 65-81. Lakers score 15 in the quarter. Lakers have 6 and shoot 3-16 (19%) for the quarter.
- 4th Quarter: Montrezl Harrell in for the 1st time to start the 4th and plays over 4 minutes, but the Lakers are unable to cut into the lead. Late in the quarter the Lakers make a run to cut the deficit to 7, 88-95, but the Suns are able to close it out. Lakers lose 92-100. Lakers shoot 53% in the 4th quarter, including 4-8 from 3.
- Starters: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Wesley Matthews, Dennis Schröder.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was out.
Recent Stories on Lakers.com