Postgame Notes: Lakers 96, Magic 93 (3/28/21)
After a strong defensive effort in the first half, Lakers held on down the stretch to close out the Magic, 96-93.
- Dennis Schröder scored 24 points to lead the team and is averaging 17.3 points/game in March. Dennis added 5 rebounds and 6 assists and shot 9-10 on free throws.
- Montrezl Harrell had a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- Kyle Kuzma scored 21 points and added 11 rebounds for a double-double and added 4 assists.
- Markieff Morris got his own double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Lakers were 11-40 in 3 point shooting, including Kuzma going 5-15.
- Tough shooting for both teams, Lakers shooting 41.5% and the Magic 38.6%. Harrell (61.5%) and Schröder (50%) were the only Lakers at/above 50% from the field.
- Lakers had 12 turnovers for the game, just 4 in the second half.
- After several strong scoring performances from the bench, Lakers trailed in bench points tonight to the Magic, 28-42.
- The game had 17 lead changes and was tied 10 times.
- 1st Quarter:Two 3 pointers from Kuzma highlight an 8-0 Lakers run to take an early 8-4 lead. It's a close first quarter with 7 lead changes and each team's biggest lead was 4. Both teams cold from the field, Lakers shooting 44.4% and Orlando 39.1%. Harrell comes off the bench for 8 1st quarter points and the Lakers lead 22-21.
- 2nd Quarter: Lakers open the quarter on a 9-3 run to take a 31-24 lead. Caruso with a 3 pointer and a feed to Harrell to fuel the run. After a very cold beginning to the quarter, Orlando pick up their offense, but were still limited to 18 points in the quarter, shooting 26%. Lakers led by as much as 13, and at the end of the half, lead 44-39. Lakers have 8 turnovers and are 4-18 from 3, keeping the game close.
- 3rd Quarter: Orlando continues their end of half run in the 3rd quarter to tie the game at 46. Lakers rebuild the lead to 8, before Orlando ties it back up at 61. A late triple by Orlando ties the game at the end of the quarter 69-69.
- 4th Quarter: Lakers shooting 4-11 to open the 4th and trail 80-84. Lakers push back into the lead, but Orlando keeps in close in the closing minutes. After a final defensive stand, the Lakers hold on to win 96-93.
- Starters: Marc Gasol, Markieff Morris, Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Dennis Schröder.
- AD, LeBron, and Dudley were not available to play. Andre Drummond had not yet joined the team.
Recent Stories on Lakers.com