Postgame Notes: Lakers 102, Trail Blazers 93 (2/26/21)
Lakers rode defense and points off turnovers to come back to beat the Trail Blazers 102-93.
- Lakers snap a 4 game losing streak and extend Portland's losing streak to 4. It was the Lakers ninth double-digit comeback victory of the season.
- LeBron James had 4 steals and 3 blocks to go with his 28 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists. James led his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks for the 49th time in his career.
- Dennis Schröder returned after missing 4 games. Despite being limited by foul trouble, he scored 22 points and went 9-9 from the line. Schröder is shooting 83.3 percent (100-120 FT) from the free throw line this season.
- Montrezl Harrell led the team in +/- with +22, scoring 17 points on 7-12 shooting and 9 rebounds including 5 offensive. Harrell is shooting 63.5 percent (191-301 FG) from the field this season, ranking fourth in the NBA.
- Lakers go over 100 after having been held under 100 points in 3 of the past 4 games.
- Lakers hold Portland to 36 second half points and 38% overall shooting. Lakers held the Portland bench to just 13 points, the fewest such points by an opponent this season. Lakers improved to 10-1 this season when they hold their opponent to under 100 points.
- Trail Blazers average 16.2 made 3's per game (2nd in NBA), Lakers held them to 11 on 29.7% shooting from 3.
- Trail Blazers average 11.5 turnovers/game (2nd in NBA), but had 15 tonight leading to 22 points for the Lakers.
- Lakers shoot 42% overall and 7-27 from 3, but had 52 points in the paint and 23 fast break points and only 9 turnovers.
- Lakers had 9 steals and 7 blocks as a team.
- 1st Quarter: Slow start leads to a 2-10 Portland lead and an early timeout. Lakers were able to keep the lead from growing and ended the quarter trailing 24-29. Lakers shot 43% overall.
- 2nd Quarter: Turning defense into offense, the Lakers cut into the Portland lead and halfway through the quarter have deficit down to 36-37. Lakers took a 2 point lead, but the Trail Blazers take a 54-57 lead into the second half with a last second tip-in. LeBron with 18 points in the half. Portland has 8 offensive rebounds leading to 17 second chance points.
- 3rd Quarter: Defense turns Portland over and leads to points for the Lakers. Lakers up to 20 points off 14 Portland turnovers. Lakers lead 85-76 after outscoring the Trail Blazers by 12 in the quarter. Lakers shooting still only at 45%, but lead in points in the paint 42-24.
- 4th Quarter: Lakers hold the lead with continued energy and defensive pressure, building up to 16 before closing out the 102-93 win. Lillard was limited to 3/8 shooting in the quarter.
- Starters: LeBron James, Markieff Morris, Marc Gasol, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Dennis Schröder.
- Lakers lost the previous match-up against the Trail Blazers on 12/28, 107-115. Game Coverage
Recent Stories on Lakers.com