The Lakers Youth Foundation awards quarterly grants to support youth programs or projects that closely align with the Foundation’s priority areas of education, health and wellness, and sports. Grant applications are reviewed with the following deadlines: March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15. If the 15th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the deadline is the next business day.
Please review our grant application guidelines and complete the online application. Incomplete applications will delay review of your submission.
Grant Application Guidelines
- The Foundation awards grants for program support, but does not make multi-year commitments. Organizations may receive funding up to three years, after which they must take a one-year hiatus before applying for another grant.
- The Foundation funds programs that have been in existence for at least two years and can demonstrate success. The Foundation will not fund new programs.
- Grants typically range from $1,000 - $20,000. Applicant must justify the amount requested by clearly explaining how the funds will be spent.
- The requested grant amount cannot exceed 50% of the project budget. A full description of the project and a financial breakdown must be provided.
- Organizations may submit a grant application once every 12 months.
- Funding is not available for:
- Private Foundations
- Staff Salaries & Benefits
- Event Sponsorships, Advertisements or Tables
- Annual Giving or Capital Campaigns
- Religious Organizations
- Government Institutions
- Public, Private, or Charter Schools
- Political/Advocacy Groups
- Facility Rental
- Programs outside of Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside or Orange County
- Organizations outside of the United States of America