The New York Knicks revealed a new look for their Nike 2017-18 jerseys. The Association and Icon editions feature a consistent look with the team’s previous home and road uniforms, but are built on innovation and technological research that have keyed into the needs of the athlete.
Major updates to the design and materials include:
- Modified cuts at the back shoulder and at the hemline of the shorts, allowing for greater range of motion
- Altered seams at the armhole, neck and side to eliminate distractions and irritation
- Materials that wick sweat 30 percent faster than previous NBA uniforms
- Fabric comprised of Alpha Yarns and recycled polyester; each uniform represents approximately 20 recycled PET bottles
- The addition of the Nike logo on the front of the jersey and shorts
- A new design element at the belt buckle to highlight team identity
A significant change for the 2017-18 season is that teams will be able to select which jersey to wear for each home game. Visiting teams will choose a contrasting uniform from their available options. For the Knicks, the Association edition will be similar to the home white uniform of previous years; the Icon edition resembles the road blue uniform. On both uniforms, “Knicks” has been added at the belt buckle.