NY KNICKS “FAN CAVE” CONTEST
Presented by Major Energy
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID OUTSIDE OF NY, NJ, CT AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 23, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 5, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Contest is void outside of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and where prohibited by law. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or household members, whether or not related, of individuals employed by Major Energy Services LLC, Major Energy Electric Services LLC, Respond Power LLC (collectively, “Major Energy”), New York Knicks, LLC (the “Knicks”) (“Major Energy” and the “Knicks” are collectively, “Sponsors”), MSG Sports & Entertainment, LLC (“MSG”), the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), the NBA Member Teams, NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA TV, LLC, and NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, the “NBA Entities”), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”), are ineligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, to be entered in the Contest, entrants must (i) visit the Knicks website, www.nba.com/knicks, locate the dedicated Contest page and follow the online instructions to complete the entry form and (ii) submit photos of your “Knicks Fan Cave” showing where you watch Knicks games (each, a “Contest Submission”).
Limit one (1) Contest Submission per person. Sponsors reserve the right to allow for minor deviations from the guidelines and restrictions set forth herein, based on clear intent to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete, garbled, damaged or misdirected Contest Submissions, email or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Contest Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsors, will be disqualified and all associated Contest Submissions will be void.
Contest Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted Contract Submissions;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others (excluding the Knicks name and logos), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead, including the Knicks players;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
Contest Submission must be the work product of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If Contest Submission includes the name and/likeness of a minor, entrant must be that minor’s parent or legal guardian. If a Contest Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Contest Submission, any and all releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Contest Submission by Sponsors in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permissions from any person who is mentioned in, appears in or is identifiable in the Contest Submission. Sponsors reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsors from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Contest Submission null and void. By submitting a Contest Submission, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons who are mentioned in, appearing or identifiable in the Contest Submission consent to the submission and use of the Contest Submission in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting a Contest Submission, entrant represents and warrants that the Contest Submission conforms to these Official Rules and understands that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify the Contest Submission for any reason, including if they determine, in their sole discretion, that the Contest Submission fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion.
USE OF CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Entrants agree that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Submissions by third parties. By submitting a Contest Submission, Entrant grants Sponsors and their respective designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the Contest Submission and all elements embodied therein, including his/her name and city and state of residence for credit purposes in Sponsors’ online galleries and social media pages, and for any other advertising, promotion and business purposes of Sponsors, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter revised, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Contestant Submissions will be judged by a panel of qualified judges in accordance with the following criteria: (a) Originality (50%); and (b) Knicks inclusion (50%). The Contestant Submission that receives the highest score shall be deemed the winner (the “Potential Winner”). In the event of a tie, the applicable judges will re-judge the tied Contest Submissions and re-rank the Contest Submissions based on the foregoing criteria until a winner is determined. Sponsors reserve the right to not award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Contest Submissions. Decisions of Sponsor and judges are final and binding. Judging scores will not be revealed.
Potential Winner will be notified via email. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, is not in compliance with these Official Rules or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may award the prize to a runner-up.
5. PRIZE: Official Winner will receive a New York Knicks autographed non-game worn jersey (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $150).
Actual ARV of autographed jersey may vary based on market fluctuation. Player who will autograph jersey will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Official Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Official Winner’s consent to Sponsors, MSG, the NBA Entities and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph (including, without limitation, profile photo), voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize using the winner determination procedure set forth above from among the non-suspect, eligible Contest Submissions received up to the time of the impairment using the judging criteria specified above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Contest Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on intellectual property rights, publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. CONTEST SPONSORS: New York Knicks, LLC, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121. Major Energy Services, LLC, 100 Dutch Hill Rd, Suite 310, Orangeburg NY 10962.
12. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Official Winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NY Knicks “Fan Cave” Contest Winner, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by February 28, 2017.