NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00PM (noon) Eastern Time (ET) on October 4, 2012 and ends at 12:00pm (noon) ET on October 12, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren) and/or household members of individuals employed by, MSG Holdings, L.P. ("MSG"), (“Sponsor”), The Madison Square Garden Company, The New York Knickerbockers Basketball Club (the “Knicks”), the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, "NBA Entities"), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, are ineligible to participate.
3. CONTESTANT SELECTION: Limit one (1) entry per person. Any and all individuals who meet the eligibility requirements and who choose to submit a photograph of themselves wearing a Knicks jersey to email@example.com will be eligible to win (collectively, the “Contestant”). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
Requirements of Entry: Entry must (i) be entrant’s own original work, (ii) cannot be previously published or submitted in connection with any other Contest, (iii) be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and (iv) be in good taste, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• violates any law.
If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not in comply with these Official Rules, and may, at its sole discretion and without notice to entrant, remove the posting of the Entry at any time. By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.msg.com or other Sponsor websites (including, but not limited to, its twitter account or Fan Page on Facebook). Entrant agrees that the Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. The Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may take down any Entry in its discretion at any time. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected entries or any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Incomplete entry forms will be considered void.
4. CONTEST DETAILS: Prospective Contestants must send an email to a firstname.lastname@example.org that contains: i) a picture of themselves wearing a Knicks jersey and demonstrating why s/he should be chosen to attend the Knicks’ “Tip-Off Event”; and ii) his/her full name, date of birth, e-mail address, street address (including city, state and zip code) and day and evening telephone numbers.
Contestant submissions will be judged in accordance with the following criteria: i) Creativity (30%); ii) Originality (30%); Exhibition of Knicks team spirit (40%). The two (2) Contestant submissions that receive the highest scores shall be deemed the winners (together, the “Potential Winner”). (Judging scores to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discreation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter the Contest if necessary.) The Potential Winner will be contacted on or around October 12, 2012 with instructions on claiming their prize.
The Potential Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. PRIZE(S): The Contest Prize(s) is/are as follows:
FIRST PRIZE(S) (50): Fifty (50) First Prize Winners each receive two (2) tickets to attend the Knicks Tip-Off Event at the Beacon Theatre, New York, NY on October 15, 2012. (Promotional value only.)
Official Winner(s) will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from Madison Square Garden, meals and beverages. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute Prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Sponsors are solely responsible for providing elements of Prize to Official Winner.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Prizes subject to availability. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and any other costs not described as part of the prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of winners.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE KNICKS, MSG HOLDINGS, L.P., THE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN COMPANY, THE NBA ENTITIES, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless MSG Holdings, L.P., The Madison Square Garden Company, The Knicks, the NBA Entities, Facebook, Twitter, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. CONTEST SPONSOR(S): MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Prize Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Knicks Tip-Off Event Contest, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by October 31, 2012.