Charitable Donation Request Guidelines
The New York Knicks in-kind donation program focuses on assisting non-profit and community-based organizations in the tri-state area. We believe in the work of our communities and aim to support fund-raising efforts, when we can. The Knicks donate autographed photos, basketballs, and jerseys to be used in auctions and raffles.
After you submit the request form online, you will receive a return e-mail to create your account, so that you may check the status of your request.
To be considered for a donation request, please adhere to the following submission criteria:
- Requestors must be charitable organizations (501 C3 organizations)
- Based within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden
- Due to inventory, organizations can only submit one request per calendar year
- All donation requests must be submitted electronically at least six (6) weeks prior to the fundraising event. No telephone, fax, mail, or email requests will be accepted.
- Electronic request forms must include an attached letter on official letterhead with the following information
- Organization Name and full address (no P.O. Boxes)
- Event date, time, and location
- Event description including organization who benefits
- Contact name, phone number, and email
- Item Requested (Photo, Ball, Jersey)/How the item will be used (raffle or auction)
- Publication deadline/item needed by date
All requests will be considered on case-by-case basis and every request will be responded to at least (2) two weeks prior to the event, whether approved or declined. The inability to fulfill a request is based on the above criteria, the number of requests received, and our inventory of items. Missing information may result in a denial of the request.
Due to the number of requests received annually, the New York Knicks are unable to fulfill requests described below:
- Items requested for personal use
- Requests requiring the contribution to any business or organizational rewards programs
- Requests to donate to individuals, groups or organizations soliciting donations on behalf of a third party (e.g. Non-profit walks or runs)
- Multiple donations to the same organization within a given year
- Requests to donate tickets, contribute monetarily, purchase event sponsorship signag
NOTE: Donated items CANNOT be repurposed for any use other than the one explicitly stated in your request. This includes services such as CharityBuzz.com.Submit a Donation Request