Sacramento Kings to Celebrate Women in Sports
Commemorate a vibrant history of women in sports with the Sacramento Kings. Prior to tip-off of the Kings matchup with the San Antonio Spurs, an all-star panel of current and former female athletes will host a question and answer session presented by MW Wines with fans in attendance.
Participating panelists include the following accomplished athletes:
- Kim Conley is a local, two-time track and field Olympian. A graduate of UC Davis, Conley competed in the 5,000 meters event in both the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Games. She will race in her very first New York City Marathon, which takes place this weekend on Sunday, November 6.
- Kate Grace is an Olympic middle-distance runner based out of Sacramento. A graduate of Yale University, Grace competed in the 800 meters event during the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Kaitlin Sandeno is a former professional swimmer who competed in two Olympics. During her career, Sandeno won four Olympic medals, including gold in the Women’s 4X200 metres relay at the Athens Games in 2004.
- Paige VanZant is a professional MMA fighter, currently ranked No. 8 in UFC’s Women Strawweight Division. VanZant battles Michelle Waterson at UFC Fight Night taking place inside Golden 1 Center on Saturday, December 17.
- Ruthie Bolton is a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and former member of the Sacramento Monarchs. Among her accomplishments, Bolton was also named an All-Star twice during her career in the WNBA.
- Hamchétou Maïga-Ba is another former member of the Sacramento Monarchs. She played six of her nine season in the WNBA with the Monarchs.
- Monique Ambers is a former assistant coach of the Sacramento Monarchs. Ambers spent seven seasons with the Monarchs, including the team’s championship year in 2005.
- Dr. Joy is a highly-respected sports physician from the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic medical center. She possesses an impressive background in team sports that includes serving as a consultant to the Cleveland Cavaliers and Cleveland Browns.
The pregame Q&A takes place at 5 p.m., with doors opening at 4:30 p.m. (Enter through the Southwest Entrance at the corner of 5th and L Streets.) Anyone with a ticket to the Kings vs. Spurs game can attend the Q&A session. The panelists will share stories about their experience in sports and take questions from the audience.
Fans interested in tickets for the panel and game can purchase them here. Enter the promo code WIS to receive a special offer.