Hometown: Glens Falls, NY
College: Brigham Young
Selected by Sacramento as a senior out of BYU with the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft ... Signed a multi-year contract with the Kings (12/9/11).
2011-12 REGULAR SEASON:
Averaged 7.6 ppg (.386 FG%, .361 3pt%, .833 FT%), 1.2 rpg, 1.8 apg, and 18.6 mpg in 61 (started 7) ... Scored in double-figures in 21 games, 20 or more in one game ... Led Kings in scoring in three games, assists in seven games. Among NBA rookies, ranked 6th in 3-point field goal percentage and 14th in scoring and assists per game. Top-Single Game Performance: Recorded a career-high 20 points (5-13 FG, 3-6 3pt, 7-8 FT), three rebounds, five assists, and one steal in 33 minutes at Memphis (1/21/12).
Set BYU career records for points (2,599), three-pointers (296), free throws (627), games played (139), 30-point games (24), 40-point games (6) and wins played in (112) ... Established Mountain West Conference single game records in points (52), field goals and three-point field goals (tied) ... Set both MWC season and career records in points, field goals and three-point field goals, as well as the mark for season scoring average ... Posted the 11th-highest season point total in NCAA history as a senior (1,068) ... Paced Division I in scoring in 2010-11 with 28.9 ppg and won nearly every national player of the year honor including the Naismith, Wooden, AP, USBWA, NABC, Sporting News and Adoph Rupp awards ... Recipient of the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, consensus First-Team All-American by John R. Wooden, AP, Sporting News, NABC, USBWA, Yahoo!, Lute Olsen, SI.com and more ... Received MWC Player of the Year and All-MWC First Team accolades... Scored 30-plus points in 16 games, three times scoring in the 40s and once in the 50s ... Established a career-high with 52 points (22-37 FG) vs. New Mexico, converting a season-high tying seven three-pointers. His 33 points in the first-half established a MWC record and his overall point total was tied for the most in Division I this season ... Against Utah, posted 47 points (16-28 FG, 9-9 FT, 6-9 3PT) ... Facing rival San Diego State at home, registered 43 points (14-24 FG, 5-8 3PT, 10-11 FT) ... Notched 42 points, four assists, four rebounds and two steals vs. Colorado State ... Scored 39 points (12-25 FG, 7-13 3PT), six rebounds and five assists vs. UNLV ... Posted a near triple-double vs. UTEP with 25 points, nine assists and eight rebounds ... Led BYU in scoring as a junior with 22.1 ppg and 4.7 apg ... Named First-Team All-MWC and earned All-District and District Player of the Year honors by the USBWA. An AP All-America Honorable Mention pick ... A Wooden Award candidate, Naismith Trophy Midseason Candidate and Oscar Robertson Trophy finalist ... Led the NCAA Tournament in scoring (29.0 ppg), and finished seventh and 41st in Division I in points per game and three-point shooting (.440).
Named first-team all-state by the New York State Sportswriters Association and the Times Union as a junior and senior at Glens Falls High School in Glens Falls, NY ... Averaged 28.8 points per game while making 81 three-pointers and shooting .920 from the free-throw line as a senior and posted a season-high 46 points while scoring more than 30 points in 12 games ... Ranked among the nation's top 75 shooting guards by ESPN.com ... Section II and GFHS all-time leading scorer, ranking sixth on New York's all-time scoring list, with 2,404 points ... Named first-team all-state by the New York State Sportswriters Association and the Times Union as a junior and senior ... Honored as the 2007 Player of the Year by the channel 7 and 10 News while being named a Number 1 All-Star by channel 13 ... ... Led his team to a 25-2 record and the Class A State Championship game ... Named the 2006 Times Union and Post-Star Chronicle Player of the Year ... Averaged 29.3 ppg, making 76 three-pointers and shooting .830 from the free-throw line, while helping his team earn a 21-2 record as a junior and posted a season-high 43 points while scoring more than 30 points in 12 of 23 games ... Led the Indians to the Section II Class A championship game, scoring 33 points, including nine in the final 1:36 to get his team to within one point before falling 54-51 ... Averaged 30.1 ppg for a Glens Falls summer team that won the Stellar "Catch A Rising Star" Basketball Showcase in Allentown, Pa., earning MVP honors ... NYSSWA fifth-team all-state as a sophomore ... Also an all-state wide receiver as a junior ... Named a Student-Athlete Scholar all four years.
Full name is James Fredette ... Age 23 ... Son of Al and Kay Fredette ... He and his wife, Whitney, were married in June 2012 ... Sports hero is former Utah guard John Stockton ... American Studies major at BYU.
Eyen: Kings Player Analysis
Jimmer's Blog: Season Overview
2012-13 Kings Season Review
Jimmer's Blog: Teamwork, Bday & More
- 01/31/13: Jimmer's Blog: Road Trip & More
- 01/07/13: Kings Passion for Fashion
- 12/27/12: Jimmer's Blog: Team Camaraderie
- 12/21/12: Warriors Star Praises Jimmer's Game
- 12/20/12: Kings Share Holiday Memories
- 12/05/12: Hometown: Jimmer Pt 2
- 12/04/12: Hometown: Jimmer Pt 1
- 11/30/12: Jimmer's Blog: Fan Support & More
- 11/12/12: Jimmer Makes His Mark
- 10/30/12: Introducing Jimmer's Blog
- 10/29/12: Kings of Kicks
- 10/07/12: KINGS EXERCISE OPTIONS ON COUSINS AND FREDETTE
- 10/02/12: Fredette Primed for Second Season
- 10/01/12: Fredette: Media Day 12-13
- 4/04/12: Watch: Life on the Road: Jimmer Visits Utah
- 4/04/12: Read: Jimmer's Off-Court Routine
- 1/10/12: Jimmer Tracker
- 12/22/11: Jimmer's Play Wins Over One National Writer
- 12/22/11: Behind the Scenes with Jimmer
- 12/19/11: Watch: Kings Spread Holiday Joy
- 12/16/11: Past, Present, Future: Jimmer Fredette
- 12/15/11: Jimmer, Kings Ready to Put on Show
- 12/12/11: Watch: Jimmer Hits Another Circus Shot
- 12/09/11: Kings Sign Rookie Fredette
- 6/25/11: Jimmer Officially Introduced
- 6/25/11: Watch: Rookie Rally
- 6/25/11: Replay: Jimmer Chats with Kings Fans
- 6/23/11: Kings Select BYU's Fredette in First Round
- Snapbacks or fitted hats?
- Favorite app on your phone?
- What superhero would you be in a comic book?
- Who has the best style on the team?
- John Salmons.
- How many times do you hit snooze in the morning?
- All-time favorite sneakers?
- Jordan 11s.
- Best singer on the team?
- Tyreke Evans.
- Best dancer on the team?
- DeMarcus Cousins.
- How many songs are on your MP3 player?
- Just downloaded a new one, so 75.
- Person you admire the most?
- Goal for the team this season?
- Make Playoffs.
- Personal goal for the season?
- Help the team more.
- Favorite movie as a kid?
- Dumb and Dumber.
- Favorite show as a kid?
- Saved by the Bell.