NBA Pre-Draft Workout Recap | 6/6/22
In preparation for the 2022 NBA Draft on June 23, the Charlotte Hornets hosted a pre-draft workout on Monday, June 6 featuring the following players:
- Keon Ellis (G, Alabama)
- This SEC All-Defensive Team selection (6-6, 170) averaged 12.1 points on 43.9% shooting – 36.6% from 3-point range (67-of-183; 8th-most 3-pointers in SEC) – 6.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.9 steals (T-5th in the SEC) in 33 starts this past season at Alabama. Ellis played his first two collegiate campaigns at Florida SouthWestern State College (JC) and was a Second-Team NJCAA Division I All-American and the Suncoast Conference Player of the Year in 2020.
- Michael Foster Jr. (F, G League Ignite)
- Foster (6-9, 235) put up 15.6 points on 46.3% shooting, 9.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.9 blocks in 28 overall appearances (27 starts) for the G League Ignite this past season. He was ESPN’s ninth-ranked player coming out of high school last year and a member of the 2021 McDonald’s All-American team.
- Kellan Grady (G, Kentucky)
- A four-time member of the All-Atlantic 10 Conference team, Grady (6-5, 205) averaged 11.4 points on 44.6% shooting – 41.5% from 3-point range (88-of-212; first in 3-point percentage and third in 3-pointers in the SEC) – 2.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 34 starts at Kentucky. Grady played at Davidson from 2017-21, where he became the sixth player in program history to eclipse 2,000 career points (2,002).
- Ron Harper Jr. (G, Rutgers)
- Harper (6-6, 245) tallied averages of 15.8 points on 44.2% shooting – 39.8% from 3-point range (68-of-171) – 5.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.0 steal in 32 starts his senior season at Rutgers. The son of five-time NBA Champion Ron Harper, Harper is a two-time All-Big Ten Conference selection, a member of two NCAA Tournament teams and helped lead the Scarlet Knights to their first NCAA Tournament victory since 1983 in 2021.
- Brandon Horvath (F, Utah State)
- Horvath (6-10, 210) averaged 13.9 points on a career-best 51.7% shooting, 6.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 34 starts this past season as a fifth-year senior at Utah State, leading to Third-Team All-Mountain West Conference honors. He capped off a four-year run at UMBC (2017-2021) by making First-Team All-America East Conference in 2021 and was a member of the Retrievers team that pulled off the NCAA Tournament’s first-ever 16-over-1 upset against Virginia in 2018, although he did not play in the game.
- Žiga Samar (G, Fuenlabrada/Spain)
- The Slovenian-born Samar (6-6, 185) averaged 7.6 points on 48.5% shooting – 47.1% from 3-point range (24-of-51; 6th in Liga ACB in 3-point percentage) – 2.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists (6th in Liga ACB) and 1.0 steal in 30 appearances (27 starts) this season for Fuenlabrada. Samar has additionally played for Real Madrid B (2017-2019) in the fourth-tier Spanish league, Zamora (2019-2020) in the third tier and earned a bronze medal and All-Tournament honors for Slovenia at the 2019 FIBA Under-18 European Championships.