Jeff Kinney Book Bus PSA
The Barings Book Bus is a full-service literacy bus and reading show assembly program that inspires elementary students ages 5 through 11 to develop a love for reading. Up to 75 students from each school will be allowed to go onto the bus after the reading show and pick out a free book. This high energy, interactive program includes Hugo the Hornet and the Book Bus Crew.
Criteria for a Book Bus Visit
- Below are the criteria necessary to request a Book Bus Show.
- A school, nonprofit organization, library or summer camp, attended by elementary school-aged children.
- Located within a 40-mile radius of Charlotte.
- A minimum of 25 attendees and maximum of 2,000 attendees.
- Indoor venue available to ‘host’ show, for example, a gym or auditorium.
Additional Book Bus Information
- Our ‘assembly-style’ reading show is designed for an entire school and/or group.
- Following the show, up to 75 students will be eligible to visit the Book Bus to pick out a free book through Hugo’s Golden Ticket incentive program.
- Shows will be scheduled based on a mutually agreed upon date and time – appearances can be made Tuesday through Friday at either 10 a.m. or 1 p.m.
- The full program typically lasts approximately 30-45 minutes. For Pre-K students, an abbreviated program is available.
- Book Bus has a policy of one show, per location, per year.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org