The Barings Book Bus and Hugo's Virtual Visits
Educators – For the 2020-21 virtual learning school year, the Charlotte Hornets and Barings are providing a virtual show with Hugo the Hornet.
WHAT ARE THE BARINGS BOOK BUS AND HUGO’S VIRTUAL VISITS?
The Barings Book Bus and Hugo's Virtual Visits are a part of the Charlotte Hornets’ “Excellence in Education” initiative. The purpose and goal of this program is to demonstrate the importance of reading to elementary school students in a virtual learning environment.
- Hugo the Hornet and the Book Bus Crew MC will host a virtual call using Zoom.
- The school will be required to fill out the application, and once a meeting time has been established, they will receive email confirmation.
- The digital zoom link and password will be provided to the school administrator 24 hours prior to the mutually agreed upon date.
- The administrator will be responsible for sending the digital zoom link and password information to their student body.
- Up to 500 students are eligible to attend the virtual call.
- The Virtual Visit will last approximately 30 minutes and include interaction with Hugo, the Book Bus Crew MC and a video presentation of Hugo’s Reading Show.
- Due to health restrictions and safety precautions, book donations to participating schools are currently suspended until further notice.
HOW DO YOU GET HUGO THE HORNET TO COME TO YOUR SCHOOL?
- Due to CDC recommendations and public health guidelines, Hugo will not be available for public appearances at schools until further notice.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FEEDBACK ABOUT THE BARINGS BOOK BUS:
"Shiloh Elementary School loved the visit by the Barings Book Bus! Their show was both entertaining and educational. By sharing their love of reading with our students, I am sure they have made a lasting impact on turning our young readers into lifelong leaders. Thank you, Hornets!" -Scott Spencer, Principal of Shiloh Elementary School, Union County Public Schools
"Shiloh Elementary has been so fortunate to partner with the Charlotte Hornets and their Literacy program for several years. Our student body looks forward to their innovative performances and visits to the amazing Barings Book Bus, which help instill a love of reading in our children. The message is heard loud and clear! Thank you, Hornets!! You're the best!" - Mrs. Wendy Barrows, Gr. 4/5 AIG Teacher, Shiloh Elementary, UCPS.
Barings Reading Series
To apply for the Hugo Virtual Visits to your school, please click here.
Thank You Promising Pages
Promising Pages is a nonprofit organization that inspires children to achieve their dreams by instilling a love of reading. Promising Pages is a proud provider of refurbished books to the Barings Book Bus. www.promising-pages.org