NBA Virtual Fans Microsoft Teams Instructions
- 1. New Users: Download Microsoft Teams
- a. If you don’t have Microsoft Teams for Desktop, click here to download
- b. Select "Download for desktop" and install the application. (If you have download issues, please reference this support page).
- c. Install Teams, log in once, completely close the application, then restart Microsoft Teams and log back in.
- 1. Existing Users: Sign Out of Personal Account
- a. If you already have Microsoft Teams, you will need to fully sign out of your personal Teams account and sign into your assigned account. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, click Sign out.
- b. It is recommended you log in once, completely close the application, then restart Microsoft Teams and log back in.
- 2. Log-In to Microsoft Teams:
- a. Launch the Microsoft Teams desktop client
- b. If you're already signed into a Teams account, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the window. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, click "Sign out".
- c. Enter the assigned username and password provided to you.
- d. If you receive any pop-up messages, dismiss them by clicking the [X] at the top of the pop-up.
- 3. Find the Meeting Invitation:
- a. In the left-hand purple navigation panel, click on the Calendar icon.
- b. If it's the weekend, in the top right hand corner, change the setting from "Work Week" to "Week".
- c. Double-click on the calendar game meeting event.
- NOTE: The meeting will not be activated until 60 minutes before the game so you may not see the game listed. If it's 60 minutes before game time and the meeting is still not listed, please log-out and log-in to your account again.
4. Optimize the Settings
- Before joining the meeting, please...
- a. Toggle your camera on.
- b. Toggle your microphone off.
- c. Please do not enable background blur or custom backgrounds.
- d. Center your camera so your face is in the middle of the display.
5. Join the Meeting:
- a. Click the purple "Join" button
- b. Wait in the virtual lobby until you are admitted by the moderator.
- c. Please stay in the the meeting and wait until further instruction.
6. Optimize the Viewing Experience:
- a. On the top bar, click on the Participant List icon.
- b. The Participant List will appear on the right-side panel. Within the list, find the participant labeled "Game Feed", right click it, and select "Pin". This will lock the game feed in your viewing experience.
- c. Right click on the game feed and select "Fit to Frame".
- d. On the top bar, click on the Ellipsis icon (three dots). In the middle of the drop-down menu click "Together Mode". This view will show your fan section, which will be displayed on the digital walls surrounding the court and live streamed on TV!