MIAMI, August 8 - Miami HEAT guard Dwyane Wade was named to Esquire's 4th annual Best Dressed Men in the World list for the second straight year, the magazine announced. The All-Star guard was 14th on the list, which appears in the September issue, on newsstands August 14.
Tom Brady of the New England Patriots topped the list and fellow NBA All-Star Tony Parker was 23rd .
We looked at thousands of men from around the world, said associate editor Richard Dorment, who helped put the list together. The factors we consider are consistency and care, men who take the time and energy about their appearance. It's important to have a signature, something that distinguishes you from everyone else.
Wade was named the Best Dressed NBA Player by GQ in 2006 and one of People's Most Beautiful People in 2005. He ranked 13th on Esquire's list last year.
The 2007 List:
1. Tom Brady, football player
2. Jay-Z, record exec, musician
3. Daniel Craig, actor
4. Barack Obama , US Senator, presidential candidate
5. Andre Balazs, hotelier
6. Nicolas Sarkozy, French president
7. Hidetoshi Nakata, former soccer player
8. Ryan Gosling, actor
9. Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Ferrari president
10. Hamid Karzai, Afghan president
11. Mike Nolan, football coach
12. Rufus Wainwright, musician
13. David Gregory, journalist
14. Dwyane Wade, basketball player
15. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, film director
16. Giuseppe Cipriani, restaurateur
17. Freddie Ljungberg, soccer player
18. James Nachtwey, photojournalist
19. John Boehner , US representative
20. David de Rothschild, banking heir, environmentalist