HEAT signs Radio Contract with 790 The Ticket
MIAMI, November 9th The Miami HEAT announced today that it has signed a multi-year radio contract with WAXY 790 The Ticket. The HEAT radio game coverage and commentary HEAT fans know and love will now be found on 790 The Ticket, the new radio home for the Miami HEAT.
As part of the agreement, in addition to the exciting play-by-play action of every pre-season, regular season and post-season HEAT game, 790 The Ticket will provide the following exclusive content:
- Extended Pre-Game and Post-Game Shows: Tune in 60 minutes prior to the start of each HEAT game and stick around for the post-game talk about the game with Jonathan Zaslow and Tommy Tighe.
- Daily HEAT Show: Get your daily HEAT fix Monday through Friday during the 9:00 a.m. hour with host Jorge Sedano.
- HEAT Game Day Program: Start your game day preparations early with the Sports Brothers from 2:00 2:30 p.m. (weekend dates and times to be determined).
- Daily Dos Minutos with the Miami HEAT Segment: Two minutes of the hottest HEAT news each day hosted by Jorge Sedano with contributions from Miami HEAT game broadcasters Mike Inglis, John Crotty, Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino, Jason Jackson and Jose Pañeda.
- HEAT Weekly Show: Take an in-depth, behind the scenes look into your Miami HEAT each week (date and time to be determined).
This is the dawn of a new era in HEAT history on the court and over the airwaves and were happy to welcome 790 The Ticket on board to broadcast our games and to help us tell our story to thousands of HEAT fans across South Florida, said HEAT President of Business Operations Eric Woolworth.
All of us at 790 The Ticket and Lincoln Financial Media are delighted to partner with the HEAT organization for many years to come. The Miami HEAT is a marquee brand not only in the South Florida sports landscape, but in the entire world and we are excited about becoming their new radio home. We look forward to working with their entire management team to make the HEAT's strong, loyal and passionate fan base proud to tune to 790 The Ticket for the best HEAT coverage year round, said Howard Davis, Station Manager for 790 The Ticket.
In addition to the far reaching signal strength of its new flagship, the HEAT Radio network ensures that fans can hear HEAT games from the Keys to both coasts. HEAT games can be heard all season long on the following radio network affiliates:
|WEFL||ESPN 760||West Palm Beach|
|WSVU||960 AM||West Palm Beach|
|95.9 FM||West Palm Beach|
|WWCN||ESPN 770||Naples/Ft. Myers|
|WFFG||1300 AM||Florida Keys|
|WKYZ||101.7 FM||Florida Keys|
Mike Inglis, the English radio voice of the HEAT, enters his 13th season with the team handling the play-by-play duties, while former HEAT point guard John Crotty enters his sixth full season as the analyst on the HEAT radio network. Tommy Tighe will also be on board to participate as host of HEAT programming on 790 The Ticket.
The Miami HEAT is proud to have ASSIST-CARD as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2010-11 season.