NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Carnival Cruise Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at approximately 12:01 AM (ET) and ends at the conclusion of the Miami HEAT’s 2017-18 NBA Season, including any applicable playoffs (the “Entry Period”). Eligible entrants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry to be eligible. Employees of, and immediate family members of employees of, the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4 below), and, as applicable, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local regulations.
3. Random Drawing and Prizes. One (1) Sweepstakes prize winner will be randomly selected each time the Miami HEAT wins a game during the Entry Period AND scores one hundred (100) points or more in the same game. Each random drawing will occur after the conclusion of the relevant game, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period before the relevant random drawing. A prior winner in the Sweepstakes is ineligible to win a second prize. Only one (1) prize per person. The drawing(s) will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The prize winner(s) will each be awarded a $1,500 Carnival Gift Card (the “Gift Card”) to be used towards the purchase of any Carnival Cruise (North American and European itineraries only), as well as onboard incidentals that are made available by Carnival Cruise Line for purchase with the Gift Card. The total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV’) of each prize is one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500). Cost of the relevant cruise over $1,500 is the responsibility solely of the relevant prize winner. All unspecified travel-related expenses are the responsibility solely of the relevant prize winner. Travel to and from the port from which the cruise departs is not included within the prize, and is the responsibility solely of the prize winner(s). The Gift Card and/or any unused portion thereof has no cash value. There is no guaranteed availability on the exact sailing or travel dates and times requested by winner. Other limitations and restrictions may apply. Travel booked using the Gift Card must be booked through Carnival Cruise Line. The Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth and detailed in Carnival Cruise Line’s passenger Ticket Contract found here: https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx. Neither Carnival Cruise Line nor Sponsor will replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Gift Card, tickets or travel vouchers, and neither is responsible if cruise is delayed or postponed for any reason. The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any portion thereof should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period prior to the drawing(s). The Sweepstakes winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone. The prize winner(s) will be required to respond to the phone call and/or email notification within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. The winner(s) may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility, and/or a liability and publicity release, within seventy-two (72) hours of prize notification. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable will result in disqualification. In the event of prize winner non-responsiveness, forfeiture, or other disqualification, the Sponsor will only select an alternate winner once. In the event the Miami HEAT do not win a game and score one hundred (100) points or more in the same game during the Entry Period, Sponsor will not give away any prize.
4. Limitation of Liability. Miami HEAT Limited Partnership, the AmericanAirlines Arena, Basketball Properties, Ltd., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, 601 Café, LLC, Carnival Cruise Line, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail, miscommunications, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, technical failure, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten, abuse, or harass any person in relation to the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will resolve all disputes as determined in its sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from, or arising out of, participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by all of these Official Rules.
No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for any error, including typographical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or any other problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules online or the functionality of any website or web or other digital service. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded, due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, other labor disputes, fire, acts of government, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded due to a Force Majeure Event, or if a Force Majeure Event corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, the prize(s), or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time for clarification purposes.
5. Publicity. Entry into the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winners’ name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion and/or publicity purposes in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed) without further compensation and/or authorization as permitted by law by the Released Parties and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Publicity Parties”).
7. Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or entrant, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
8. Sponsor. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132. Carnival Cruise Line is not responsible for the administration, execution or conduct of the Sweepstakes or the selection of winners. Carnival is responsible for all aspects of prize fulfillment.
9. Winners List. For the name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2018 to: Carnival Cruise Giveaway Sweepstakes, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.