Dr. King changed the world through his commitment to racial equality, voting rights and economic justice. As the Atlanta Hawks continue to honor his legacy, we are now looking for those in our community that are also committed to social impact and making a difference in their own way.
Through the True to the Dream Honors presented by Sharecare, we are looking to recognize those in Georgia, who are building a better world by continuing Dr. King’s legacy in unique ways that bring about change. Do you know someone who is deserving of such an honor? If so, nominate them today. All honorees will be recognized by the Atlanta Hawks at a future home game.
- True to the Dream honorees must demonstrate a commitment to community service, which includes seeing a community need and working to address it
- Volunteer efforts must impact communities within the State of Georgia
- A letter of support from the organization(s)/community impacted can accompany the nomination (optional)
- 3-5 photos of the honoree engaged in community work will be required, if selected
- Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis beginning Dec. 15, 2020 through April 30, 2021. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Honorees will be notified by a member of the Hawks Corporate Social Responsibility Team