Do you have what it takes to be a part of the best dance team in Atlanta? Let us see what you've got!
Virtual Open Call
Sunday, August 1
- Download the audition routine and the music here:
Your virtual audition submission will include:
- Virtual audition application form
- Headshot (clear current picture - does not have to be professional)
- A brief introduction – name, hometown and why you'd like to be an ATL Dancer
- Audition video
- Deadline to submit virtual audition is August 3, 2021 by 5:00pm EST.
- No submissions will be accepted after 5:00pm EST on August 3, 2021.
- Find out who has been selected to Round 2 – on Hawks.com – Friday, August 5, 2021 Those selected for Round 2 will be sent details by email!
- Judges will evaluate videos based on accuracy of choreography, technical ability, poise, personality, and performance quality
Your video will need to include:
- A brief introduction – name, where you are from and why you are auditioning for the ATL Dancers
- A single performance of the combination you learned from the website link.
When creating your video, please:
- Do your best with your environment. We understand that you will all be limited to your homes, backyards, etc. when filming. Make sure we can easily focus on you as the star of your video without being distracted by things in the background.
- Make sure you have plenty of light. We need to be able to see you clearly.
- Make sure the quality of your video is optimal, and that you are representing yourself in the BEST way possible.
- Practice uploading your video to one of the sites listed, send it to yourself or a friend/family member to test and review so you can ensure that it uploads correctly at a high resolution.
- Please only submit one video file, not multiple.
- Film your video horizontally so that it is full screen when viewed.
- Film with the highest quality video settings on your phone (4k is highest quality).
- When uploading your video, use your first and last name as your video title. Example: Donni_Frazier_audition
- You will need to upload your high-resolution video to YouTube, Dropbox or Vimeo. There will be a designated field on your audition submission form specifically for your video link.
Attire: Athletic wear (any colors)
- Women: sports bra, bra top, briefs/shorts or leggings
- Men: Joggers, running tights, yoga pants with tank top or t-shirt
- Shoes: tennis or jazz shoes. No bare feet.
- Feel free to express your personal style, refrain from wearing anything distracting or that could cause injury such as large earrings or necklaces.
- Performance ready appearance is expected. No ponytails.
- Take pride in your appearance. You are applying/auditioning for a job. Pay attention to details so that you look and feel your best and are confident in the first impression that you are making.
General Team Info
- Must be at least 19 years of age prior to auditioning
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Must have a part-time or full-time job, or be a college or professional student
- Must be able to attend rehearsals at least 2 days a week
- Poise, showmanship, professionalism, dance ability, maturity, potential, enthusiasm and personality.
- A good member of our team is someone who is fun to watch. If you are not having fun with the choreography, you are probably not fun to watch.
- Carry yourself with maturity, grace and confidence. We want to know that you are going to be comfortable performing at State Farm Arena for the best fans in the NBA.
- Team Retreat August 27-29
- Practices will begin in September.
- Practices are every Tuesday and Thursday night from 6:00pm – 10:00pm.
- Dancers receive an hourly rate for all Hawks related events including games, rehearsals, and appearances.
- In addition to practices, games and appearances, Dancers are expected to participate in clinics, photos shoots, video shoots and other Hawks events.
- This is a job. You are paid to be a team player, work hard, and represent our organization well. A passion for dance, discipline to constantly achieve high standards, and dedication to maintain job requirements are highly valued. A great work ethic and a positive attitude are necessary for success.
- ATL Dancers are ambassadors for our organization and the community. Being a role model is a responsibility. All Hawks employees are held to high standards and are expected to represent themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the team and our organization.
Round 2 and Beyond
Additional details will be sent via email to those selected to Round 2.
Additional details will be sent via email on Monday, August 9, to participants who make it past Round 2.
- Tuesday, August 10 – Peer Groups
- Wednesday, August 11 – Interviews/Peer Groups
- Thursday, August 12 – Interviews/Peer Groups
- Friday, August 13 – Peer Groups
- Saturday, August 14 – Dance Camp 1/Dance Camp 2
- Sunday, August 15 – Dance Camp 3/Dance Camp 4
- Monday, August 16 – Announce Finalists
Additional details will be sent via email to participants who make it to the Finals.
- Tuesday, August 17 – Finalist Meeting/Final Rehearsals
- Wednesday, August 18 – Final Rehearsals
- Thursday, August 19 – Final Rehearsals
- Friday, August 20 – Final Rehearsals
- Saturday, August 21 – Final Rehearsals
- Sunday, August 22 – SHOWCASE
Thank you for virtually auditioning with us!