PROMOTION OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF TENNESSEE, MISSISIPPI, AND ARKANSAS, AGE 13 AND ABOVE, RESIDING WITHIN 75 MILES OF FEDEXFORUM BASKETBALL ARENA
US LAWS GOVERN THIS PROMOTION
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Promotion Timing/Description: The Memphis Grizzlies MADE IN MEMPHIS T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY CONTEST (“Promotion”) begins 3/7/13 & ends 3/20/13 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion is a contest of skill and entries may only be submittedat grizzlies.comEntrants are invited to submit original artwork, such as a drawing, cartoon, painting, or photograph that best captures the Memphis Grizzlies (the “Grizzlies”) MADE IN MEMPHIS season tagline (the “Entry”). All Entries must be received by the Promotion Period end date, and will be judged based on the judging criteria in Rule # 5 below. The three highest scoring Entries (defined in Rule # 3 below), subject to verification, will be named finalists (each known as a “Finalist”). The highest scoring Finalist Entry will be declared the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification.
2. How To Submit an Entry: Submit Entries at grizzlies.com. All Entries must include your full name, your age, and your email address and telephone number at which you can be reached. If you are a minor, you must first obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian (referred to throughout as “Parent”) to participate. All entries must comply with the Entry Details and must be received by the Promotion Period end date. Entries not complying with the Entry Details and/or received after the Promotion Period end date will not be included in the judging. Entries become the property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Entry Details: Entry must be entrant’s original creation. Entry may not depict and/or name any NBA players, legends, coaches, or personnel. Entry may not depict and/or reference any third party branding other than Grizzlies branding. Entry may not depict, reference, or violate any third party intellectual property, including, but not limited to any copyrighted work, trademark, other proprietary rights, or right of publicity. Entry may not have been previously published or have won any other awards. Entrant must be the person who created the Entry. Entry may not contain anything offensive, racist, sexist and/or belittling and/or demeaning of any individual, community, or group. The Grizzlies (“Sponsor”) assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate or disqualified Entries, human error or technical malfunctions, inability to access email, failure of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof, or for lost, stolen, late, illegible, or misdirected Entries or email. Please create a design approx. 11in. x 11in. that can fit centered on white t-shirt. You may only enter once for this round. Subsequent entries received from the same entrant will be disqualified, and will not be judged.
4. Entry Limitations: No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incoherent, unusable, unsuitable, or incomplete entries, or those that do not comply with the criteria will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors, or any other errors in Entries submitted by entrants. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an original Entry. Entry may not be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim. Entry may not include depictions and/or references that are violent, obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive or contain otherwise objectionable content. By entering, Entrant (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant) forfeits to Sponsor all rights to content of Entry and the concepts embodied therein. Entrant (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant), unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest, and claims, including all intellectual property, which it now has or may in the future have to the Entry or any element(s) thereof including, without limitation the copyright therein. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to use, alter, assign or dispose of such Entries however it deems fit without approval of Parents and/or Entrants. By entering, Entrant (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant), agrees that neither they nor their child Entrant has any right to bring (and they agree not to bring) any claim, action or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against Sponsor,Memphis Basketball LLC., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), the NBA Member Teams,NBA Media Ventures, LLC, and NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, the “Releasees”), their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agent, employees, or shareholders in connection with this Promotion. Entrant (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant), grant the Sponsor the right to use the Entrant’s name, images, likeness, voice and biographical materials as well as the Entry for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes, except where prohibited. Entrant (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant), hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Releaseesfrom and against any and all, including third party,claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of participating in the Promotion, the acceptance, use and/or misuse of any Promotion prizes, and/or the breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. Also, avoid using 'Grindhouse' in your design.
5. Judging and Determination of Finalists: All eligible Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Originality (25%),Creativity (25%),
Captures the Grizzlies Made in Memphis Season Tagline(25%), and Compliance with Official Rules (25%). Entries will be judged on the basis of these criteria by and in the sole discretion of the Sponsor whose judgment will be final. Three (3) Entrants with the top-scoring Entries will be declared Finalists and the highest scoring Finalist will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. Becoming the Finalist and Grand Prize Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved will be reviewed by an additional judge selected by and at the sole discretion of the Sponsorwho will serve as the tiebreaker, evaluating the Entries according to the criteria outlined above. The decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Finalists will be determined on or about 3/10/13.
6. Finalist Notification: Finalists will be notified on or about 2/14/13 via the email address and/or telephone number included in the Entry. Entrants who are Finalists, including Grand Prize Winner (or Parent, on behalf of a minor Entrant)will be required to sign and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and where legal, a Publicity Release, and if applicable, a federal and state tax release (IRS Form W-9), and return same to the email address and/or fax number provided by Sponsor, properly executed, within 24 hours of issuance of notification. Failure to return any or all documents as specified, or potential winner not complying with any term of these Official Rules, will result in the participant being disqualified and, if time permits, an alternate Finalist chosen by and at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor retains all rights in and to the Entry and all portions thereof, including without limitation, the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify or dispose of any entries, and entry for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
7. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas, age thirteen (13) and above, residing within seventy-five (75) miles of the FedExForum basketball arena. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and the respective household members of the Releasees, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, agents, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate. Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Promotion. Promotion void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Promotion in any manner.
8. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: Two (2) tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Orlando Magic game at FedExForum on 2/22/13(the “Game”).Approx. retail value (“ARV”): $490. Grand Prize Winner responsible for all transportation, gratuities, meals, and applicable taxes. Grand Prize Winner Entry will be depicted as a graphic design on a T-shirt and distributed in a free T-Shirt giveaway by Sponsor to the first five-thousand 5,000 fans at the Game or at a subsequent Grizzlies game chosen by and at the sole discretion of Sponsor (the “T-Shirt Giveaway”). Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change, and/or cancel the T-Shirt Giveaway by and at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Finalist Entries will be published online by Sponsor on the Grizzlies.com Finalists, including Grand Prize Winner, shall receive no further compensation or credit for use of Entry submission other than that disclosed in these rules. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to develop, produce, distribute or otherwise exploit any Entry created by the Finalists, including Grand Prize Winner, or to continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof.
9. Prize Restrictions: All Finalist selections, including Grand Prize Winner selection, are subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions allowed except by Sponsor due to unavailability, in which case substitution will be of equal or greater value. If any part of the Promotion is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, political conflicts or war or an event of force majeure, no other additional compensation will be provided. No extension or change of Grand Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Grand Prize tickets. All applicable taxes and any other costs not specifically stated herein are responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
10. Grand Prize Winner Notification and Verification: Potential Finalist, including potential Grand Prize Winner, will receive notification via email and/or telephone. Finalist, including Grand Prize Winner, confirmation is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. A prize or prize notification being returned as undeliverable will result in the participant being disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate Finalist, time permitting, by and at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
11. Conditions of Participation: Entrants agree that if selected as a Finalist, they grant Sponsor and its designees the right to publish their Entry and to modify, alter, or use for any purpose by and at the sole discretion of Sponsor without further compensation.
13. Additional Terms and Restrictions: Finalists will be determined and the Grand Prize awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible Entries received. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage, tamper, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants or voters, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entrant/entry and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants other than the Finalists.
14. Winners List: For list of winners, available after 5/15/09, send a SASE by 4/1/13 to: Memphis Grizzlies, Attn: MADE IN MEMPHIS T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY CONTEST - Round 2 - Winners, 191 Beale Street, Memphis TN 38103.