• One of two players in NCAA Division I to average at least 20.0 points and 10.0 rebounds in 2020-21 (Austin Peay’s Terry Taylor).
• 2020-21 All-Patriot League First Team selection.
• 2019-20 Patriot League All-Rookie Team choice.
• MVP of the 2019 FIBA U-18 European Championship for gold medalist Spain (18.0 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.29 bpg).
• Member of Spain’s Junior National Team since he was 14.
• Part of the 2018 Basketball Without Borders Europe Camp in Serbia.
• Averaged 21.2 points and 10.1 rebounds.
• Finished 12th in NCAA Division I in scoring, 14th in rebounds and fifth defensive rebounds (8.29 drpg).
• Won the Patriot League rebounding title and ranked second in scoring and blocks (1.71 bpg).
• Scored a career-high 33 points (13-of-16 from the field) and grabbed 12 rebounds against Army in the semifinals of the Patriot League Tournament (March 10).
• Tallied 30 points and a school-record 22 rebounds, which tied the Patriot League single-game mark, in a triple-overtime game against Lafayette (Feb. 13).
• Fluid big man with a nice overall skill set.
• Solid ball handler and passer for his size.
• Shoots with range; can attack closeouts off the dribble.
• Terrific rebounder; will push the ball off defensive glass.
• 2020-21 Academic All-Patriot League selection.
• Father, Santiago Aldama Alesón, was a longtime professional
player and member of the Spanish National Team that competed
against the Dream Team at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.
• Uncle Santiago Toledo played professionally in Europe.
In 2020-21, Aldama became the second player in Patriot League history to average at least 20.0 points and 10.0 rebounds for a season, joining Colgate’s Adonal Foyle (1995-96 and 1996-97).
“Being that tall and being able to get his shot off the way he’s doing is special. But also being able to put the ball on the floor and make plays at the rim, being a great passer and unselfish — that total package is what I get most excited about when thinking about Santi.”
– Loyola head coach Tavaras Hardy, to Olympic Channel
— Profile by NBA Communications