DRAFT TRADE: Traded to Detroit Pistons as part of deal for Tony Bradley
About Saben Lee
- 2019-20 All-SEC Second Team selection by league coaches.
- Two-time SEC Player of the Week in 2019-20.
- Recorded four 30-point games in 2019-20, tied for the second most in a season in Vanderbilt history.
- Ranked fourth in the SEC in scoring with a team-high 18.6 points.
- Began the season as the team’s sixth man before moving into the starting lineup after a season-ending injury to fellow 2020 NBA Draft prospect Aaron Nesmith.
- Finished sixth in the SEC in assists (4.2 apg), seventh in steals (1.53 spg), eighth in field goal percentage (48.3) and second in both free throws made (155) and attempted (206).
- His 206 free throw attempts tied for 10th in Vanderbilt single-season history.
- Scored a career-high 38 points and added eight rebounds and five assists at Alabama (March 3).
- Posted 34 points vs. Georgia (Feb. 22), 33 points vs. LSU (Feb. 5) and 30 points vs. Arkansas (March 11).
- Has good size and scoring ability at the point.
- Likes to attack and get to the free throw line.
- Excellent finisher at the rim for a guard.
- Solid defensive tools and instincts.
- Father, Amp Lee, was an All-American running back at Florida State and played nine seasons in the NFL.
- Mother, Natalie Williams, holds a law degree from Vanderbilt.
“I feel he is capable of developing into an elite defender at the next level. Offensively, he excels at getting to the basket and finishing with high variations because of his length and athleticism. He improved his outside shot this season and will continue to get better and better with reps.”
--Vanderbilt coach Jerry Stackhouse