DRAFT TRADE: Traded to LA Clippers with Luke Kennard, Justin Patton, four second-round picks (Portland 2023, Detroit 2024, 2025, 2026) in 3-team deal including Detroit Pistons
About Jay Scrubb
- 2019-20 National Junior College Athletic Association Player of the Year.
- 2019-20 NABC All-America First Team selection.
- Committed to play at Louisville in November 2019 before electing to enter the 2020 NBA Draft.
- Only junior college player invited to USA Basketball’s Under-19 FIBA Basketball World Cup team training camp during the summer of 2019.
- Named to the 2018-19 NJCAA Division I All-America First Team as a freshman (20.2 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.6 bpg).
- Averaged 21.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists while shooting 50.1 percent from the field.
- Recorded eight 30-point games.
- Scored a season-high 38 points twice.
- Finished in the top 20 in the NJCAA in total points (634), free throws made (157) and field goals made (218).
- Led John A. Logan College to a 28-5 record.
- Explosive athlete with a scorer’s mentality.
- High-level finisher in the paint.
- Has a very quick first step and solid handle.
- Potential to guard multiple positions.
- Grew up rooting for Louisville.
- Finalist for Kentucky’s Mr. Basketball in 2017-18, when he averaged 17.8 points and 7.1 rebounds as a senior at Trinity High School in Louisville.
“I am very happy with his growth both on and off of the floor. I think a lot of people don’t [put] both of those together. It’s one or the other, or they worry about one and not the other. Jay has done a very good job of trying to hold himself accountable in both of those areas.”
- John A. Logan coach Kyle Smithpeters