About Jalen Lecque
Jalen Lecque is a gifted athlete looking to make the preps-to-pros jump during the one-and-done era. Spending time at three different high schools in as many years, the Manhattan native finished his career at Brewster Academy widely regarded as one of the top-50 prospects in the high school class of 2019. Eligible to declare for the draft after reclassifying from the class of 2018, Lecque announced he would forgo his college career following his attendance of the NBA Draft Combine.
- Possesses good size for a guard measured at 6’4.25 in shoes with a 6’8.5 wingspan and a lean 185-pound frame at the Draft Combine. Tested among the most explosive leapers in Combine history with a 35” standing vertical jump and a 43” maximum vertical jump. Effortless athlete with an impressive combination of speed and explosiveness.
- Played a key role on a talented team deep with college prospects that went 34-7 and won the 2019 National Prep Championship. The second prospect to enter the NBA Draft out of prep school in as many years. Ranked among the top athletes in high school basketball, flashing the ability to make an impact in the open floor and potential as a passer.
- Intriguing defender with solid tools but limited experience. Can make some plays in the passing lanes and blocking shots flashing nice instincts and tremendous closing speed, but has room to get stronger, stay more consistent, and improve his technique in several areas.
- Grew a bit over the last year and could develop the versatility to defend wings in some line-ups.
- National top-50 recruit by ESPN and Rivals.
- Named MVP of the 2018-19 National Prep Championship Tournament.
- Originally committed to play next season at N.C. State before entering the 2019 NBA Draft.
- Invited to play in the 2019 Jordan Brand Classic, but elected to skip the event and other postseason All-Star games to focus on draft preparation.
- Reclassified to become part of the 2019 recruiting class and spent the 2018-19 season at powerhouse prep school Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H.
- Averaged 12.7 points, 4.6 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 1.6 steals.
- Team finished 34-7 and won the program’s sixth National Prep Championship.
- Selected to USA Today’s All-New Hampshire Second Team as well as the NEPSAC Class AAA First Team.
- Ranked No. 41 in the 2019 recruiting class by ESPN and No. 40 by Rivals.
- Played at Christ School in Arden, N.C., in the 2017-18 season.
- Elite physical profile at point guard position.
- Long, strong and extremely bouncy.
- Excels at getting to the rim and finishing.
- Very good rebounder from the backcourt.
- Has been referred to as Baby Westbrook due to athleticism and style of play.
- Attended same prep school (Brewster) as NBA players Donovan Mitchell and Will Barton.