2021-22 Celtics Dancers & Green Team Auditions presented by New Balance
Celtics Entertainment is Back!
Auditions for the 2021-22 Celtics Dancers & Celtics Green Team Presented by New Balance will take place in September of 2021. If you have a background in dance, cheerleading, stunting, tumbling, acro, tricking or breakdancing we want to meet you! Auditions will be held in two rounds beginning Wednesday, September 22nd. Please see below for details.
Please download and complete the following forms. You'll need to submit both forms along with your video submission.
- Celtics Entertainment Audition Registration Form (.pdf)
- Celtics Entertainment Audition Waiver (.pdf)
Round 1 - Video Submission
The Celtics will be accepting video submissions from all interested candidates beginning Wednesday, September 22nd. Candidates should identify if they are auditioning for the Celtics Dancers or the Celtics Green Team Presented by New Balance. The video submission process is broken down by team below.
The Celtics Dancers are the official Dance Team of the Boston Celtics. With diverse talents in hip hop, jazz, pom, acro, ballet and tap, you can find them entertaining Celtics fans on the court and in the Boston community.
Video submission requirements for the Celtics Dancers:
- One-minute dance video showcasing movement in jazz, jazz-funk, pom and or hip hop. Dance combination should include at least one double pirouette and one leap of your choice.
- Dance attire recommended.
Celtics Green Team Presented by New Balance
The Celtics Green Team, presented by New Balance, is a high-energy performance team whose focus is leading the Celtics crowd during all home games. They assist in the execution of on-court promotions and giveaways, as well as perform jaw dropping skills during timeouts. Skills vary from cheerleading, stunting, acro, tricking and breakdancing.
Video submission requirements for the Celtics Green Team Presented by New Balance:
- One-minute video showcasing skills related to cheerleading, stunting, acro, tricking and or breakdancing.
- Athletic attire recommended.
All submissions should be sent in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following:
- Celtics registration form, waiver and 1 current photo.
- Audition video link from either YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox that includes the following:
Introduction with full name, team you are auditioning for and one fun fact. We want to see your personality!
- Example: "Hi My name is Celtics Lucky, I'm from Boston and I'm auditioning for the Celtics Green Team. A fun fact about me is that I can flip 25 times in a row with my eyes closed!"
- One-minute video showcasing the skills mentioned for the Celtics Dancers or the Celtics Green Team.
- Introduction with full name, team you are auditioning for and one fun fact. We want to see your personality!
Other important information:
- Video submission period opens Wednesday, September 22.
- Deadline to submit videos is Friday, September 24.
- All candidates will be contacted by Monday, September 27.
Round 2 - In-Person Live Audition & Interview
Candidates that advance to Round 2 must be available for an in-person audition either on Tuesday, September 28, Wednesday, September 29 or Friday, October 1.
- Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: TBD
Other important information:
- Candidates auditioning for the Celtics Dancers should be prepared to learn stylized choreography. You should also be ready to perform a solo of 6-8 eight counts showcasing your strengths in dance. Music will be provided at the audition. Dance attire recommended.
- Candidates auditioning for the Celtics Green Team Presented by New Balance should be prepared to showcase their specific talents and ready to improvise! Athletic attire recommended.
- Group interviews will take place at the end of the audition. You will remain in your audition attire.
Team announcement will be no later than Friday, October 1.