2017-2018 CAVS ACADEMY SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Following are the rules for the 2017-2018 Cavs Academy Summer Camp Scholarship Program
To be eligible for one (1) of the ten (10) scholarships awarded per Summer Camp location by the Cleveland Cavaliers, an applicant must be between the ages of 5-14 at the time of the Summer Camp and reside within a 150 air-mile radius of city limits of Cleveland, Ohio, excluding the following territories:
- To be eligible for one (1) of the scholarships awarded for the Summer Camp location by the Cleveland Cavaliers, an applicant must be between the ages of 5-17 at the time of the Summer Camp and reside within a 150 air-mile radius of Cleveland, Ohio, excluding the following territories:
- Eligible participants must complete the official scholarship application form and submit to the Cleveland Cavaliers by 5pm on Friday, May 18th 2018. Award of the scholarship may require additional information from the recipient in order to receive the scholarship.
- Alternates will be selected in the case that initial recipients do not accept, fail to accept, or decide not to attend the Cavs Academy Summer Camp that they are selected to receive the scholarship for. The Cleveland Cavaliers shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a scholarship recipient and no responsibility is assumed by the Cleveland Cavaliers for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify a scholarship recipient. In addition, the Cleveland Cavaliers shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable scholarship application submissions.
- The Cavaliers will appoint a committee to screen the applications the week of May 21st 2018 and select the ten (10) recipients per Summer Camp location. The committee will include local basketball coaches as well as staff from the Cavaliers Operating Company. The committee’s decisions are at its sole discretion.
- The committee will screen applications and award scholarships. The criteria are:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Employees and the immediate family members of employees of the NBA, Cavaliers Operating Company/Quicken Loans Arena, or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries or parents are not eligible to apply for a Cavs Academy Summer Camp Scholarship.
- This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship and cannot be transferred or sold.
- Scholarship acceptance constitutes a release granting the Cleveland Cavaliers the right to use scholars’ names, likenesses, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the scholars) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization.
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE OF A SCHOLARSHIP OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CLEVELAND CAVALIERS SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM-RELATED ACTIVITY.