Cavs Single Game Ticket Information
Team Announces New Monthly Ticket Lottery Process
David Liam Kyle/NBAE/GettyImages
An exciting new era of Cleveland Cavaliers basketball is set to launch with the Cavs 2014-15 season presented by Discount Drug Mart. Demand for tickets is at an unprecedented high and with ticket availability now being extremely limited, the Cavs have created a plan to provide as many fans as possible the opportunity to purchase remaining single game tickets at The Q this season.
The team will initiate a monthly lottery process on Friday, September 26th that is designed to help preserve and protect single game ticket inventory being available for as many individual fans as possible for the entire Cavs 41-home game schedule. In addition, fans who want to purchase guaranteed single game tickets in advance, and outside of the monthly lottery process, can easily do that at the Flash Seats marketplace, the team’s official secondary ticket market, which will also open on September 26th.
The team is taking this new and unique monthly lottery approach in an effort to reduce the number of outside brokers and individuals simply looking to purchase individual game tickets in bulk and months in advance, with the sole intent of reselling them. Unprecedented demand led to this creative solution that we believe will help get as many tickets as possible into the hands of as many different fans that genuinely intend to use their tickets themselves.
“The excitement for the upcoming Cavs season is off the charts and we can’t wait to get started,” said Cavaliers CEO Len Komoroski. “It’s a fact that the high demand for tickets far exceeds the supply. We were committed to find a way to strategically help manage a ticket buying process that would protect the integrity of the purchase for our true fans, and we believe a timed monthly lottery will help ensure that is the case.”
Information about the 2014-15 promotional schedule and the Cavs free, annual Wine & Gold Scrimmage to be held at The Q on Wednesday, October 1st will be released soon.
Cavs Preseason Games at The Q On-Sale Saturday, September 13th
at Discount Drug Mart Locations
Fans can catch a preview of the 2014-15 Cavaliers in action as the team hosts three of their seven preseason games at Quicken Loans Arena. The team will first welcome Head Coach David Blatt’s former team and Euroleague power Maccabi Tel Aviv to The Q on Sunday, October 5th at 6:00 p.m. Just over a week later, the Cavs tip-off against Central Division opponent Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday, October 14th at 7:00 p.m., followed by the Cavs vs. the Dallas Mavericks on Friday, October 17th at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for all three preseason games go on sale Saturday, September 13th at 10 a.m. at any one of Discount Drug Mart’s 58 northern Ohio locations. Fans can purchase up to six (6) tickets per game. Discount Drug Mart is the official drug store of the Cavaliers. CLICK HERE to find a Discount Drug Mart location near you.
Cavs 2014-15 Regular Season Monthly Single Game Lottery
Registration Begins September 26th
Cavs fans can enter an online lottery that will give them the opportunity to be randomly selected to purchase tickets to attend home games this season. Registration for the month-by-month lottery begins Friday, September 26th and will remain open through the end of the 2014-15 regular season. The first lottery winner selection will take place October 6th – 10th to purchase tickets to a November game, which will also include the October 30th season opener vs. the New York Knicks.
Here’s how it works:
- Beginning September 26th, fans can register at Cavs.com to create a Cavs Single Game Lottery Account.
- Fans will have the option to register for EVERY month of the season, OR for SELECT months of the season. Registration is limited to one (1) account per household and email.
- Fans only need to register once and can register at any time throughout the season. HOWEVER, fans will not be locked into their selection and can submit updated registrations at ANY TIME prior to each month’s lottery.
- During the first full week of each month at approximately 9:00 a.m. each day, randomly selected lottery winners will be notified via email that they can purchase tickets for one game in the upcoming month. (For example, winners of the November lottery can purchase tickets to December games, and so on.)
- Lottery winners will be provided a unique password and link to purchase tickets that same day between 12:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
- The lottery winner forfeits their opportunity for tickets if tickets are not purchased during the allotted 12-hour time frame. Once the sales window closes, new lottery winners will be selected and notified the following morning. The process repeats itself until all tickets have been sold for the month.
- Lottery selection guarantees the winner the opportunity to purchase up to six (6) tickets to one (1) game the upcoming month. However, fans are not guaranteed a specific game date as availability to purchase is first come, first served.
- If a fan wins the lottery, but elects not to purchase tickets for a game that month, they will be immediately eligible for the next month’s lottery.
- Fans that win the lottery AND purchase tickets will be eligible again after 60 days.
Flash Seats Marketplace
Opens September 26th
Flash Seats is the primary method of ticketing for the Cavaliers and is the only official team-sanctioned secondary marketplace where fans have the ability to buy, transfer and resell their game seats in a safe, secure and 100% guaranteed digital marketplace. The Flash Seats marketplace will open on Friday, September 26th and will feature single game ticket inventory made available by Cavs Wine & Gold United members who hold season tickets. For fans looking to purchase in advance, outside of the monthly lottery process, and guarantee they will have the tickets they want for any and all games during the 2014-15 season, the Flash Seats marketplace is the place to go.
About FlashSeats: FlashSeats is an innovative electronic ticketing system that eliminates the need for traditional tickets and allows fans to enter Quicken Loans Arena simply by swiping a credit card or driver’s license. The Cavs were the first NBA team to introduce this new technology and offers it as a free benefit to Wine & Gold United members. A Flash Seats mobile app allows fans to enter arena by scanning a QR code directly from their Smartphones.