Daily News - October 30, 2017
Stacy Revere/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Tyronn Lue: Cavaliers look slow and intimidated to play with LeBron James
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Two new explanations/excuses were introduced into the discussion Sunday as to why the Cavaliers can't seem to either guard anyone or get out of their own way.
Following the Cavs' 114-95 loss to the New York Knicks, their third straight and fourth in five games, coach Tyronn Lue said " teams just look faster than we do, at every position.
"They're running fast, they're spreading, they're pushing the ball up the floor," Lue said. "It's like we can't keep up." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
J.R. Smith's horrid defense at the center of Cleveland Cavaliers' early struggles
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Plenty has been written about J.R. Smith's offensive struggles, a troubling carryover from 2016-17. But Smith's horrid defense is even more detrimental to the struggling Cleveland Cavaliers.
In each of the seven games -- four of which have been losses -- the Cavs have gotten thrashed by opposing wings. That's Smith's primary responsibility, once labeled the team's best perimeter defender. During training camp, Lue excitedly mentioned Smith's defense during last season's postseason series against Indiana's Paul George and Toronto's DeMar DeRozan and was looking forward to having Smith take the responsibility once again.
But like many things for the new-look Cavs, it hasn't quite gone according to plan. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Knicks latest bottom feeder to pound Cavaliers, 114-95
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- At some point, maybe soon, the Cavaliers will admit what everyone else can plainly see.
They have a problem.
Is it the kind of problem that will stop their run of Finals at three, and maybe send LeBron James off into the sunset of free agency? It's way, way too early to say that. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/30) Did Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert hint at a new arena for 2034? Cleveland.com
- (10/30) Cavs Can't Rally Past Knicks in Rose's Return Cavs.com
- (10/30) Marla’s 32 shots from beyond the arc on deference, defense and a much-needed party Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/30) Knicks 114, Cavaliers 95: Knicks snap 10-game losing streak to Cavs team showing its age Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/30) Loss to Knicks aside, return of Derrick Rose should help Cavs offense bloom News-Herald
- (10/30) Cavaliers fall to Knicks, 114-95, fall below .500 News-Herald
- (10/30) Another humiliating loss for Cavs -- this one against the Knicks Medina-Gazette
- (10/30) Final Thoughts: Cavs' lousy defense sabotaged shot for fast start to season The Athletic
- (10/30) Cavaliers hit rock bottom in loss to Knicks 114-95 Lake County Sentinel
- (10/30) Cavaliers’ Defense ‘Regressing’ According To LeBron 92.3 The Fan
- (10/30) Cavs Dribbles: Nowhere to go but … well, where? Amico Hoops
- (10/30) Knicks stun Cavs behind KP, Hardaway Amico Hoops
- (10/30) Tyronn Lue blames defense, mindset after Cavs routed by Knicks ESPN.com
- (10/30) NBA wrap: Warriors, Cavaliers continue early-season struggles Sporting News
- (10/30) Three Things to Know: What is wrong with the Cavaliers? Pro Basketball Talk
- (10/30) Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr. Lead Knicks to Win vs. LeBron James, Cavs Bleacher Report
- (10/30) Knicks grow up with stunning win in Cleveland The Record
- (10/30) Porzingis, Hardaway help Knicks stun suddenly mortal Cavaliers NY Post
- (10/30) Loss to Knicks only latest blunder in Cavs’ poor start to season NY Daily News
- (10/30) Knicks stun Cavs behind Tim Hardaway Jr.’s 34-point explosion NY Daily News
- (10/30) Derrick Rose: Knicks didn’t want to bring me back NY Daily News
- (10/30) Tim Hardaway Jr.’s 34 points spark Knicks to rout of Cavaliers Newsday