Daily News - October 26, 2017
Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James: Brooklyn Nets' 2018 draft pick Cavaliers own 'might not even be that good'
Author: Joe Vardon
BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- For LeBron James, the Nets' 2018 first-round draft pick was not the centerpiece of what the Cavaliers received in return for Kyrie Irving.
"It might not even be that good of a pick," James told cleveland.com.
The Cavs traded Irving to the Boston Celtics Aug. 22 for two-time All-Star Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and the Nets' first rounder. A week later, the Celtics added a 2020 second-round pick from Miami for the Cavs. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue hints at 'changes' if Cavaliers don't guard against 3-pointers
Author: Joe Vardon
BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Seventeen is an ugly number for the Cavaliers.
The Brooklyn Nets became the third consecutive team to make 17 3-pointers on Cleveland in a 112-107 win.
When the Orlando Magic did it to the Cavs in a 114-93 win Saturday, coach Tyronn Lue said the Magic played faster. When the Bulls did it in a 119-112 win for Cleveland Tuesday, Lue was upset at the Cavs' slow and soft "close outs," which means how much room a defender gives a 3-point shooter. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers waste LeBron James' triple double, value of draft pick in 112-107 loss to Brooklyn
Author: Joe Vardon
BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- The Cavaliers devalued one of their top assets Wednesday night by losing to the Brooklyn Nets.
Remember, the Cavs acquired Brooklyn's No. 1 draft pick in 2018 as part of the trade for Kyrie Irving, and the pick was supposed to be a key piece of the deal because it's supposed to be in the lottery.
Well, the Nets bested the Cavs 112-107, and through five games the two teams are both 3-2. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/26) LeBron James passes Zydrunas Ilgauskas for most games in Cavaliers history Cleveland.com
- (10/26) Cavaliers hopeful Derrick Rose returns Saturday against Pelicans Cleveland.com
- (10/26) Cavaliers star Isaiah Thomas makes his acting debut tonight on 'Law & Order: SVU' Cleveland.com
- (10/26) Cavs Late Rally Falls Short in Brooklyn Cavs.com
- (10/26) Five Keys: Cavaliers at Nets Cavs.com
- (10/26) Marla’s 27 shots from beyond the arc on Tyronn Lue’s threat, first-quarter energy and ‘Big Z’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/26) Cavaliers notebook: ‘Freak accident’ that results in bruised knee sidelines Dwyane Wade against Nets Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/26) Nets 112, Cavaliers 107: LeBron James’ triple-double not enough against fearless Nets Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/26) LeBron James’ triple-double not enough as Cavaliers fall to Nets, 112-107 News-Herald
- (10/26) Final Thoughts: Draft picks, threat of lineup changes and injuries on the night LeBron James passes Z The Athletic
- (10/26) Nets Overcome James’ Triple-Double, Beat Cavs 112-107 92.3 The Fan
- (10/26) Dribbles: Silly mishaps cost Cavs yet again Amico Hoops
- (10/26) Cavs’ Lue hopes Rose can return Saturday Amico Hoops
- (10/26) LeBron downplays setting Cavs' games-played mark in loss to Nets ESPN.com
- (10/26) LeBron James names his final goal for NBA career Sporting News
- (10/26) LeBron James sets Cavs franchise record with 772nd game played Sporting News
- (10/26) NBA Three Things to Know: Nets beat Cavaliers, messing up that first-round pick NBC Sports
- (10/26) LeBron James Passes Zydrunas Ilgauskas for Most Games Played with Cavaliers Bleacher Report
- (10/26) This was every bit of LeBron that Nets fans wanted to see NY Post
- (10/26) The Cavs are giving Derrick Rose what the Knicks wouldn’t NY Post
- (10/26) Nets stun LeBron and Cavaliers NY Post
- (10/26) Spencer Dinwiddie helps Nets to thrilling upset of LeBron James, Cavaliers Newsday