Daily News - November 21, 2017
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Tyronn Lue is tired of suggestions that LeBron James plays too much
Author: Joe Vardon
DETROIT -- For those who obsess over LeBron James' minutes, Monday was a good night.
James played a season-low 27 minutes in the Cavs' 116-88 win over the Detroit Pistons, exiting the game with 1:40 left in the third quarter having scored 18 points with eight assists.
James is 32, and even with the easy night against the Pistons still leads the NBA with 37.9 minutes per game. Giannis Antetokounmpo, 22, is second with 37.8 minutes for Milwaukee. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers take easy road for change, crush Pistons 116-88
Author: Joe Vardon
DETROIT -- From the Cavaliers' weekend getaway to the Motor City to the Pistons' rough schedule, the conditions were prime for a result like this.
The Cavs blasted Detroit right out of its new Little Caesars Arena on Monday night, 116-88, for their fifth consecutive win and sixth out of seven.
The lopsided score was news in and of itself because, well, the Cavs usually have to work really, really hard to win. This was just their second win by 10 or more points out of 10 victories this season; and first since they beat Milwaukee by 19 on Oct. 20. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers starting to make Kevin Love more of an offensive focal point
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Kevin Love wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of playing against Detroit Pistons All-Star center Andre Drummond Monday night. Not on the heels of battling New York's Enes Kanter, Charlotte's Dwight Howard and Los Angeles Clippers big man DeAndre Jordan.
That's reality for Love. He's in a new position, moved to center at the start of the season and forced back because of Tristan Thompson's calf injury.
"I don't want to say (I am) out of position but those are big boys and I have to make sure I'm well fed and rested," Love said when asked about his approach the other night. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (11/21) Jay-Z said African-Americans can be 'the next Barack, LeBron, or Rich Paul' Cleveland.com
- (11/21) Dwyane Wade begins new 'BackCourt Wade' reality show on Facebook Cleveland.com
- (11/21) LeBron James says Cavaliers have the depth to 'bandage' missing four rotation players Cleveland.com
- (11/21) LeBron James supports Reggie Jackson's foul-line trolling of Jimmy Butler Cleveland.com
- (11/21) Cavs Pound Pistons in Downtown Arena Debut Cavs.com
- (11/21) Cavaliers 116, Pistons 88: Hot-shooting Cavs need only three quarters from starters in fifth consecutive victory Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/21) Marla’s 41 shots from beyond the arc on Calderon, Crowder and playing with ‘charisma’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/21) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James tells ESPN he believes NFL is blackballing Colin Kaepernick Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/21) Cavs capture fifth straight, 116-88 at Detroit News-Herald
- (11/21) Final Thoughts: A rare easy win, LeBron's minutes debate and a team starting to play to its potential The Athletic
- (11/21) Cavs Dribbles: Here comes expected rise Amico Hoops
- (11/21) Cavs’ Osman makes most of minutes in win Amico Hoops
- (11/21) Tyronn Lue doesn't want to hear about LeBron's minutes ESPN.com
- (11/21) LeBron says he's all for Reggie Jackson's free throw distraction ESPN.com
- (11/21) Warriors, Cavaliers Join Riot Games' NBA-Heavy Esports League Bloomberg
- (11/21) Cavs Streaking, Won't Fret over Celtics, Standings Until 'After All-Star Break' Bleacher Report
- (11/21) Charge struggle offensively in road loss CantonRep
- (11/21) LeBron James, Cavaliers remind Detroit Pistons how far they have to go Detroit Free Press
- (11/21) LeBron James, Cavaliers crush weary Detroit Pistons, 116-88, at LCA Detroit Free Press
- (11/21) 'Shell-shocked' Pistons slapped around by LeBron, Cavs Detroit News
- (11/21) LeBron James: Old Pistons sharpened my competitive edge Detroit News