Daily News - May 16, 2018
Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James' jaw, consecutive Finals streak take cold shoulder
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue thought the shoulder LeBron James took to the jaw in the second quarter of Game 2 slowed him down.
James disagreed and can point to his 42-point triple double as proof.
Either way, both James and his seven consecutive finals streak took a shot to the face in the Cavs' 107-94 loss to the Celtics in Game 2 on Tuesday that really hurt. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers: Early look at NBA Draft possibilities
Author: Terry Pluto
BOSTON -- Here are a few names:
Trae Young, Oklahoma point guard. Miles Bridges, Michigan State small forward/shooting guard. Mikal Bridges, Villanova small forward/shooting guard. Collin Sexton, Alabama point guard. Michael Porter, Missouri power forward.
I don't know for sure, but the Cleveland Cavaliers could end up selecting a player from that group after ending up with the No. 8 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft lottery. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers: Yes, it's time to really worry!
Author: Terry Pluto
BOSTON -- LeBron James said he "wasn't concerned" about the Cleveland Cavaliers losing the series opener against the Boston Celtics on Sunday.
Well, he should be now after the Cavaliers lost, 107-94, to Boston on Tuesday in Game 2 of the best-of-seven NBA Eastern Conference Finals.
I can tell you about Boston being one team at home: Now 9-0 in the playoffs. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (5/16) Cleveland Cavaliers' bad habits proving tough to break against Boston Celtics Cleveland.com
- (5/16) Despite LeBron's 42-point triple-double, Celtics lead East finals, 2-0 Cleveland.com
- (5/16) Cavaliers lose composure, Game 2 to Celtics: 107-94 Cleveland.com
- (5/16) NBA Draft lottery 2018: Cleveland Cavaliers' eighth pick still valuable, but hurts off-season plans Cleveland.com
- (5/16) Boston’s Big Second Half Stymies Wine & Gold Cavs.com
- (5/16) Marla’s 50 shots from beyond the arc on a blow to the jaw, J.R.’s ‘dirty shot’ and ‘gooning up the game’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/16) Celtics 107, Cavaliers 94: LeBron James’ 42 points not enough as Celtics prevail in brutal battle to take 2-0 series lead Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/16) James says collision with Tatum ‘didn’t affect my game’ News-Herald
- (5/16) Cavaliers fall to Celtics, 107-94, trail East finals 0-2 News-Herald
- (5/16) Now the Cavaliers have reason to be concerned News-Herald
- (5/16) Cavs will pick eighth in June 21 NBA draft News-Herald
- (5/16) Two hours inside — sort of — the NBA draft lottery The Athletic
- (5/16) Final Thoughts: One loss, one night, one year of mistakes The Athletic
- (5/16) 2018 NBA Draft Lottery: Cavs earn eighth overall pick Waiting For Next Year
- (5/16) Cavs-Celtics Game 2, Behind the Box Score Waiting For Next Year
- (5/16) Cavs collapse in second half of Game 2 loss to Celtics 92.3 The Fan
- (5/16) Cavs don’t move up in Lottery, to pick 8th in NBA Draft 92.3 The Fan
- (5/16) Dribbles: For Cavs, softness won’t cut it vs. Celtics Amico Hoops
- (5/16) Too early to say what Cavs will do with eighth pick Amico Hoops
- (5/16) Boston Celtics again frustrate Cleveland Cavaliers, grab 2-0 lead as Eastern Conference finals turns chippy NBA.com
- (5/16) LeBron & Co. are faced with a spry Celtics contender ... and organizational fatigue ESPN.com
- (5/16) Marcus Morris on Tyronn Lue's 'gooning' charge: 'We're doing what it takes' ESPN.com
- (5/16) LeBron, Cavs had one last ace up their sleeve vs. Celtics, and now the problems go deeper than this series' CBS Sports
- (5/16) What If LeBron Never Wins Another NBA Title? Sports Illustrated
- (5/16) Celtics Dominate the Cavs Again With Depth and Relentlessness Sports Illustrated
- (5/16) Could history repeat itself? Celtics in position to send LeBron James to another destination once again Yahoo Sports
- (5/16) The Celtics shook off a 40-point LeBron triple-double to take a 2-0 lead Yahoo Sports
- (5/16) Up 2-0, the Celtics are the better team, but don't count LeBron James, Cavs out just yet USA Today
- (5/16) Marcus Smart calls out JR Smith for Al Horford foul: 'He's known for' dirty plays USA Today
- (5/16) Celtics beat LeBron James in Game 2 by allowing The King a triple-double NBC Sports
- (5/16) LeBron James Facing Harsh Reality: These Cavs Aren't Built to Flip the Switch Bleacher Report
- (5/16) Celtics Ride Huge 3rd Quarter to Take 2-0 Lead over LeBron James, Cavaliers Bleacher Report
- (5/16) LeBron James’ 42-point triple-double fails to intimidate feisty Celtics The Undefeated