Daily News - June 20, 2017
David Liam Kyle/NBAE/GettyImages
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
David Griffin and Cavaliers to part ways; Chauncey Billups interested
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- David Griffin's tenure as the Cavaliers' general manager is ending after three consecutive Finals appearances in his only years on the job.
Former Detroit Pistons star Chauncey Billups is interested in the job, sources told cleveland.com. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers have me talking Paul George, Kevin Love, David Griffin -- Terry Pluto
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Talking to myself about the Cavaliers, Paul George and David Griffin:
Question: Should the Cavaliers trade for Paul George of the Indiana Pacers?
Answer: Who is going to do the trading? - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James 'shocked' by David Griffin's departure; replacement affects his future in Cleveland
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- David Griffin's departure as Cavaliers general manager was "a shock" to star forward LeBron James, who can leave as a free agent after next season, and moves made now by owner Dan Gilbert will affect his decision.
A source close to James told cleveland.com that "LeBron's a player, Dan's the boss, this was Dan's decision," but also that "LeBron does care about what the roster looks like."
"Who they bring in will play a big role in LeBron's decision next summer," said the source, who was granted anonymity to discuss James' reaction. "If they bring in someone who is stable, who has the ability to make things happen, then fine. No harm no foul. But if it's amateur hour, that's a different story." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (6/20) Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert's latest decision is a risk he shouldn't have taken Cleveland.com
- (6/20) Dan Gilbert's biggest mistake since The Letter is letting David Griffin leave: Bill Livingston Cleveland.com
- (6/20) Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now on spot with David Griffin's departure -- Terry Pluto Cleveland.com
- (6/20) Position Preview: Point Guards Cavs.com
- (6/20) Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert elects to let General Manager David Griffin go Akron Beacon Journal
- (6/20) Cavaliers among teams contacted by Pacers as potential Paul George trade partner, reports say Akron Beacon Journal
- (6/20) GM David Griffin, Cleveland Cavaliers part ways after title, 3 straight Finals News-Herald
- (6/20) Cavaliers GM David Griffin not returning: Successful run ends on anniversary of 2016 title Medina Gazette
- (6/20) David Griffin, Trent Redden out as top two Cavaliers executives The Athletic
- (6/20) Inside the split between David Griffin and the Cleveland Cavaliers The Athletic
- (6/20) Sources: Differences led to split of Cavs, GM Amico Hoops
- (6/20) Sources: Cavs’ Gilbert to meet with Billups Amico Hoops
- (6/20) David Griffin out as Cavaliers GM after extension talks falter ESPN.com
- (6/20) Sources: Cavs, Chauncey Billups have shared interest in front-office role for former NBA player ESPN.com
- (6/20) Sources: Cavs working on multiteam trade scenarios to acquire Jimmy Butler ESPN.com
- (6/20) Would a Paul George trade get the Cavs to the Warriors' level? ESPN.com
- (6/20) Dan Gilbert Just Gave LeBron James A Cover Story To Leave Cavs In 2018 SI.com
- (6/20) Why Cavs' upheaval could spell trouble for LeBron James' future with franchise The Vertical
- (6/20) Cavaliers in a state of chaos following GM, front office departures USA Today
- (6/20) LeBron James to Clippers? Why Jerry West's relationship may be key USA Today