Daily News - July 29, 2017
Christian Petersen/NBA Getty
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers have received Kyrie Irving trade offers from at least six teams
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- There has been no shortage of interest in Cleveland Cavaliers disgruntled point guard Kyrie Irving, who asked for a trade in a sit-down meeting with owner Dan Gilbert in early July.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, roughly 20 teams have looked into trading for Irving, with at least six -- San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, New York Knicks and Miami Heat -- actually making offers.
The Spurs, Timberwolves, Knicks and Heat are the four teams on Irving's preferred-destination list. New York is a chance to go "home." The Timberwolves appear to be on the rise and recently added Irving's good friend and workout partner Jimmy Butler. The Heat and Spurs are well-respected organizations with the kind of stability Cleveland lacks. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
What NBA Finals Game 7 revealed about each of Cleveland Cavaliers' Big Three: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio - In sports, memories are made in seconds and last a lifetime. Stress strips away pretenses and reveals a player's true character.
The last two minutes of the 2016 NBA Finals gave Cleveland Cavaliers fans three plays for eternity, which were by three of the greatest players in franchise history. But one play that was lost in the glare of victory also revealed one player's character flaw.
LeBron James' almost impossible chase-down block of Andre Iguodala's fast-break layup in the last 1 minute, 50 seconds preserved the tie that Kyrie Irving's 3-pointer broke. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Amico: Cavs still engaging Suns, others
Author: Sam Amico
Publication: Amico Hoops
More random dribbles on Kyrie Irving and the Cleveland Cavaliers, as the whole ordeal marches on:
1. As Amico Hoops reported earlier in the week, the Cavs have been in talks with no less than seven teams about Irving, and ESPN reported Friday that number may have reached 20.
2. One of the most-mentioned teams involved in the Cavs talks — the Phoenix Suns. And the Cavs and Suns are indeed talking, and it appears to be a lot. But like most of these discussions, new GM Koby Altman and the Cavs are just sort of feeling their way around at the moment. Nothing has come close and no parameters for a deal have emerged. It’s all been very exploratory.
3. Anything involving Suns rookie forward Josh Jackson apparently is off the table for now, but could be brought back. The Suns aren’t dead-set against dealing Jackson in a deal for a proven and dazzling player like Irving — who would undoubtedly put fans in the Phoenix seats. But the Suns are deflecting Jackson overtures at the moment. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (7/29) Warriors’ Durant: Don’t care about Kyrie drama Amico Hoops
- (7/29) Kyrie Irving got tired of being ‘son’ to LeBron The Undefeated
- (7/29) Warriors' Kevin Durant hopes Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving finds happiness 'wherever that is' ESPN.com
- (7/29) The five best and biggest Kyrie Irving trades we'd like to see ESPN.com
- (7/29) NBA Trade Rumors: Grading the potential fits for a Kyrie Irving trade CBS Sports
- (7/29) Kyrie Irving Earned the Right to Play Outside of LeBron's Shadow SI.com
- (7/29) NBA trade rumors: Evaluating Kyrie Irving's potential impact on Knicks, Timberwolves Sporting News
- (7/29) What happens when LeBron James hits free agency in 2018? NBA execs weigh in Sporting News
- (7/29) Heat deny making trade offer for Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving USA Today
- (7/29) Stephon Marbury thinks Cavaliers went cheap in Derrick Rose deal USA Today
- (7/29) Kevin Durant says he wants Kyrie Irving to be happy wherever he ends up USA Today
- (7/29) Kyrie Irving’s Anxiety of Influence The New Yorker