Daily News - January 9, 2018
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James, Kevin Love, Warriors blowout losses, bad defense: Cavaliers-Timberwolves rewind
Author: Joe Vardon
Blowouts galore. If the Cavaliers are going to be blown out, they do it in style.
In this one, they trailed by 41 points -- a season high. The 28-point loss was a season worst, and the third time this year they’ve lost by at least 20.
Cleveland’s previous largest deficit was 37, way back on Oct. 21 in an eventual 21-point loss to the Magic. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
No one knows where LeBron James will be next season, only that he'll be chasing titles
Author: Bud Shaw
CLEVELAND, Ohio - NBA coaches would love for LaVar Ball to go away, or at least for the media to stop quoting him.
That became even more apparent after Ball told ESPN the Lakers don't want to play for head coach Luke Walton.
Rick Carlisle, the Dallas Mavericks coach who serves as the president of the NBA coaches' association, chastised ESPN and writer Jeff Goodman for the story. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Why Alabama's national title means good things for LeBron James and the Cavs
Author: Scott Patsko
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Yeah, the Cavaliers' blowout loss to the Timberwolves on Monday was bad, but don't despair, Cleveland sports fans. Alabama's win against Georgia in the CFP national title game means good things for LeBron James and Co.
That's because, since 2012, as Alabama goes, so goes LeBron James.
Perhaps you've seen that meme that spells out how when Alabama wins a title, LeBron James also wins a title. It's been circulating for the past couple years, and the trend continues to hold: Alabama starts the year with a win/loss, and James follows suit that summer. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/9) Isaiah Thomas said he was going for steal when he clotheslined Andrew Wiggins Cleveland.com
- (1/9) Cavaliers suffer worst loss this season, drilled 127-99 in Minnesota Cleveland.com
- (1/9) Tom Thibodeau: Chicago will appreciate Derrick Rose's MVP year as time goes on Cleveland.com
- (1/9) Jamal Crawford would have joined Cavaliers had Isaiah Thomas trade come down earlier Cleveland.com
- (1/9) Halfway Season-Highs Cavs.com
- (1/9) T-Wolves Go Wire-to-Wire Over Wine & Gold Cavs.com
- (1/9) Timberwolves 127, Cavaliers 96: Wolves rout Cavs with 69-point first-half blitz as Isaiah Thomas ejected Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/9) Marla’s 32 shots from beyond the arc on LeBron’s -39, IT’s ejection and a baffling clunker Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/9) Meeting in open gym 13 years ago evolves into rare relationship for Cavaliers’ Isaiah Thomas, Timberwolves’ Jamal Crawford Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/9) Timberwolves dominate Cavaliers, 127-99 News-Herald
- (1/9) Final Thoughts: An embarrassing loss, a defensive mess and another chance for history to repeat itself The Athletic
- (1/9) Dribbles: Time for Lue to regain control of Cavs Amico Hoops
- (1/9) For Cavaliers… rock, meet bottom Amico Hoops
- (1/9) Nothing changes for defenseless Cavs in loss Amico Hoops
- (1/9) Why Isaiah Thomas could get a great offer from the Cavs ESPN.com
- (1/9) Struggling Cavs look to improve after 28-point loss to Wolves ESPN.com
- (1/9) Isaiah Thomas ejected for swinging arm at Andrew Wiggins ESPN.com
- (1/9) NBA Position Rankings: Top 15 Small Forwards for Season's 2nd Half Bleacher Report
- (1/9) LeBron James Blasts H&M for Controversial Ad: 'U Got Us All Wrong!' Bleacher Report
- (1/9) Wolves stomp Cavaliers in biggest statement game of season Minneapolis Star Tribune
- (1/9) ‘Time to go’ for Charge Canton Repository