Daily News - January 7, 2018
Gary Bassing/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers start Isaiah Thomas, outlast Magic 131-127
Author: Joe Vardon
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Cavaliers were winners in Isaiah Thomas' first start and set a season high for points.
But their 131-127 win over the Orlando Magic Saturday was nevertheless much closer than it should have been. There are more than a few kinks in the Cavs' machine.
LeBron James finished with 33 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists and six steals in this his 1,100th career regular season game, and with four 3s passed Tim Hardaway (1,542 3s) for 23rd all time in career 3s. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Isaiah Thomas making a big difference in small samples with Cavaliers
Author: Joe Vardon
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The sample size is so small -- 41 minutes over two games -- but it's hard to say Isaiah Thomas isn't already making a difference on the Cavaliers.
Considering he'd never played with LeBron James before, is new to the organization, and missed seven months recovering from hip injuries, it should take a while for him to adjust to everything and for the Cavs to adjust to him.
Instead, he scored 19 points in 22 minutes of Cleveland's 131-127 win over Orlando on Saturday. And in his first game -- Tuesday against Portland -- he poured in 17 points in 19 minutes off the bench. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Should Cleveland Cavaliers trade for DeAndre Jordan? -- Terry Pluto
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Should the Cleveland Cavaliers trade for DeAndre Jordan of the Los Angeles Clippers?
For months, I heard that question. For months, I dismissed it.
Why should the Cavs add a 6-foot-11, offensively challenged center? That's especially true in an era that seemingly dismisses the value of a big man. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/7) Cavaliers-Celtics matches ESPN's best regular season rating in nearly two years Cleveland.com
- (1/7) LeBron James congratulates Shakyla Hill on quadruple double Cleveland.com
- (1/7) LeBron James is OK with Cavaliers' 'bumps in the road' for now Cleveland.com
- (1/7) Thomas return hits the "refresh" button for the Cavaliers -- Bud Shaw's Sports Spin Cleveland.com
- (1/7) Cleveland Cavaliers shouldn't count on explosive offense to make up for continued defensive struggles Cleveland.com
- (1/7) Cedi Osman, Isaiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, LeBron James, Disney World: Cavaliers-Magic rewind Cleveland.com
- (1/7) Cavs Hold Off Magic, Snap Road Skid Cavs.com
- (1/7) Rookie Tales ... With Kevin Love Cavs.com
- (1/7) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James ‘OK’ with bumps in the road now that Cavs have found their identity Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/7) Cavaliers 131, Magic 127: Strong third quarter almost isn’t enough, but Cavs end five-game road skid Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/7) Marla’s 41 shots from beyond the arc on IT’s impact, Cavs’ third quarter and Cedi’s indescribable pass Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/7) James scores 33 as Cavs beat Magic, 131-127 News-Herald
- (1/7) Final Thoughts: LeBron James on the Browns parade, Isaiah Thomas shines in first start and Kevin Love pranked The Athletic
- (1/7) Channing Frye and Jose Calderon return to anonymity after successful stints in Cavs' rotation The Athletic
- (1/7) Cavs Plus/Minus: Thompson-Thomas chemistry, Love's playmaking, Smith's defense The Athletic
- (1/7) Dribbles: Scoring even breezier for LeBron, Cavs Amico Hoops
- (1/7) Isaiah Thomas making early strides, nets 19 in first start for Cavs ESPN.com