**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James, Kyrie Irving lead the way in 2017 NBA All-Star Game fan voting
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Two members of the Cleveland Cavaliers' Big Three -- LeBron James and Kyrie Irving -- are leading the way in the 2017 NBA All-Star Game voting, the league announced on Thursday afternoon.
James, a 12-time NBA All-Star, is the top overall vote-getter, receiving 595,288 votes. He leads Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo in the frontcourt. Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love is currently third in frontcourt voting, getting 250,347 votes in the first returns.
Irving, a three-time All-Star who missed the showcase last year following off-season knee surgery, leads the way for backcourt players.
The Cavaliers point guard has received 543,030 votes, which is second-most in the league. Chicago Bulls swingman Dwyane Wade is second among backcourt players in the East. Wade has received 278,052 votes. Toronto's DeMar DeRozan and Boston's Isaiah Thomas follow.
LeBron James' 'The Wall' helps NBC to ratings win
Author: Joey Morona
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Go ahead and add "executive producer of hit game show" to LeBron James' list of accomplishments.
Tuesday's official premiere of "The Wall" attracted 6.8 million viewers, helping NBC win the night.
The show performed well across several demographics, ranking as the top show among men and women ages 18-34 and kids 2-11. James himself was one of those viewers.
"It's truly special when a team of people come together to make a dream come true," the Cavaliers star posted on social media.
Cavs to trade for Kyle Korver
Author: Joe Vardon
NEW YORK -- The Cavs are nearing a trade for Atlanta shooting guard Kyle Korver, potentially for Mike Dunleavy and a 2019 first-round pick, multiple sources confirmed.
The Vertical first reported the pending deal, which is not yet completed. Cavs sources told cleveland.com Wednesday night that they were more likely to trade for a shooter. Korver would be it -- he's one of the greatest 3-point shooters in NBA history.
A Korver-Dunleavy swap could be the first of multiple deals for the Cavs -- who have a few needs and some dead weight on their roster.
One source said the Cavs and Hawks had been talking trade for weeks, and the potential deal included Korver for Dunleavy. But another said the teams were still negotiating which player(s) the Hawks might take in return. A third team could become involved.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/6) Does Kevin Love get enough credit? 'Hey, Joe!' Cleveland.com
- (1/6) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets, Game 35 Cleveland.com
- (1/6) #CavsNets Game Preview - January 6, 2017 Cavs.com
- (1/6) The Optimist Checks in from Brooklyn Cavs.com
- (1/6) Cavaliers nearing agreement on trade to acquire sharp-shooting guard Kyle Korver from Hawks Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/6) Report: Cleveland Cavaliers working on trade for Hawks’ Kyle Korver News-Herald
- (1/6) Korver is coming to the Cavaliers Medina Gazette
- (1/6) AP sources: Cavs nearing deal for Hawks' Korver Canton Rep
- (1/6) Cavs land Korver; seek backup point guard Pro Basketball Digest
- (1/6) Hawks vet Kyle Korver: Cavs 'great opportunity for me' ESPN.com
- (1/6) Sources: Cavs agree to deal for sharpshooter Kyle Korver Yahoo Sports - The Vertical
- (1/6) Cavs could have Korver in time for visit to Nets Yahoo Sports
- (1/6) Hawks trading Kyle Korver to Cavaliers will set bigger NBA events in motion Washington Post
- (1/6) Why the Cleveland Cavaliers and Kyle Korver are a perfect fit CBS Sports
- (1/6) Cavs get stronger by acquiring Kyle Korver from Hawks: Things to know CBS Sports
- (1/6) Kyle Korver Trade Sends Message To Raptors, Celtics: The Time Is Now SI.com
- (1/6) Cleveland Cavs close to adding Atlanta Hawks' Kyle Korver USA Today
- (1/6) Three things we learned on Thursday: Cavaliers land Korver, here’s how he makes them better Pro Basketball Talk
- (1/6) Kyle Korver Gives Cleveland Cavaliers Perfect Piece for Championship Repeat Bleacher Report