Daily News - January 26, 2018
Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James picks Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love on his 2018 All-Star team
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Big Three will be back together for one night.
LeBron James, named one of the captains for the 2018 NBA All-Star Game, picked former teammate Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love as two representatives of his team.
James had the first pick by virtue of being the top vote-getter. He would not disclose the order in which he selected players. However, logic would point to James selecting Golden State's Kevin Durant first, keeping him from being a part of Team Stephen Curry. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kyrie Irving threatened to sit out with knee surgery if the Cavaliers didn't trade him
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- As the Cavaliers try to save their season through potential trades, the big one they pulled off last summer doesn't look so good right now.
The Celtics lead Cleveland by 6.5 games for first place in the East. The Cavs are now just two-tenths of a percentage point behind the Sacramento Kings for the league's worst defense. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers, Kings far apart on potential trade for George Hill: Sources
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- The Cavaliers and Kings are further apart on a trade for George Hill than it first appeared, sources told cleveland.com, with significant hurdles toward a potential deal remaining.
One source told cleveland.com that the two sides were speaking "conceptually" about Hill and were never close; another said the Cavs sought to change the parameters of a potential trade.
Conceptually, at least, the Cavs would get Hill from the Kings and send Channing Frye and Iman Shumpert to Sacramento. Derrick Rose could also have been involved and perhaps a future second-round draft pick. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/26) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers, Game 47 preview and listings Cleveland.com
- (1/26) All-Star Rosters Announced Cavs.com
- (1/26) #CavsPacers Game Preview - January 26, 2018 Cavs.com
- (1/26) Tristan Thompson says Cavaliers must play for each other, even if they don’t like each other off court Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/26) Cavaliers return Tristan Thompson to lineup, move Kevin Love back to power forward Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/26) LeBron James picks Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving in NBA All-Star draft News-Herald
- (1/26) Back starting, Tristan Thompson says Cavs don’t have to like each other to win News-Herald
- (1/26) Tyronn Lue puts Tristan Thompson in starting lineup, removes Jae Crowder in attempt to stop slide Medina-Gazette
- (1/26) Friendly again, LeBron James and Stephen Curry use All-Star draft to lead NBA away from the pettiness The Athletic
- (1/26) Could buyouts of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Nerlens Noel work for Cavs? The Athletic
- (1/26) LeBron James says getting his kids to understand 'the bottom' can be difficult Crain's Cleveland
- (1/26) Tyronn Lue, Cavs Move Tristan Thompson Back Into Starting Lineup 92.3 The Fan
- (1/26) ‘Zero Truth’ To Rumor Dan Gilbert Aims To Sell Cavs 92.3 The Fan
- (1/26) Third team added to Cavs’ pursuit of Hill Amico Hoops
- (1/26) If Cavs keep pick, Porter Jr. would be choice Amico Hoops
- (1/26) LeBron, Kyrie, Love to reunite in All-Star Game Amico Hoops
- (1/26) LeBron James reunites with Kyrie Irving, picks Kevin Durant in NBA All-Star draft NBA.com
- (1/26) Cavs tweak lineup: Jae Crowder to bench, Kevin Love back at power forward ESPN.com
- (1/26) LeBron James and the Limits of Unprecedented Power SI.com
- (1/26) NBA All-Star draft results: LeBron James selects ex-teammate Kyrie Irving USA Today
- (1/26) Fresh NBA Power Rankings Bleacher Report