Daily News - January 24, 2018
Mark Sobhani/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Can the Cavailers fix everything that ails them? -- Bud Shaw's You Said It
Author: Bud Shaw
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland sports fans have questions about the Browns, Cavaliers and Indians.
Like: When Jimmy Haslam says he’s “delighted” to have Hue Jackson as his head coach, he does know the meaning of “delighted,” right?
Will LeBron James beat out James Harden for MVP, or just for Best Beard? - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love likely to participate in All-Star 3-point contest, waits for LeBron James to pick him for game
Author: Joe Vardon
SAN ANTONIO -- Kevin Love said he likely will accept an invitation to participate in the 3-point contest on All-Star Saturday in Los Angeles.
Love was selected to the All-Star Game for the fifth time on Tuesday and was also asked to do the 3-point contest. He told cleveland.com he would likely accept because it would be his first time in the 3-point contest as a Cavalier and he'd frame his jersey.
Love won the 2012 3-point contest while a member of the Minnesota Timberwolves. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue vows to make a change to Cavaliers' lineup following another bad loss
Author: Joe Vardon
SAN ANTONIO -- After being steadfastly opposed to it during the Cavaliers' terrible month, coach Tyronn Lue said he would finally make a change to his lineup or rotation after a 114-102 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday.
"I'm gonna make a change," Lue said, though he declined to say what it might be.
The Cavs' current starting lineup of LeBron James, Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, Isaiah Thomas, and Jae Crowder has a minus-22.8 rating -- which means it's being outscored by that many points on average per 100 possessions. (That's really bad). - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/24) LeBron James breaks 30,000 points, Cavaliers still broken after 114-102 loss to Spurs Cleveland.com
- (1/24) LeBron James becomes 7th in NBA history with 30,000 points Cleveland.com
- (1/24) Two players the Cavaliers are trying to trade for George Hill have injury updates Cleveland.com
- (1/24) Kevin Love selected to All-Star Game, invited to 3-point contest Cleveland.com
- (1/24) Cleveland Cavaliers have reached watershed moment in season: Chris Fedor Cleveland.com
- (1/24) Cavaliers 'crazy' for directing ire toward Kevin Love after blowout loss to Thunder, Tyronn Lue says Cleveland.com
- (1/24) By the Numbers: Career Milestones Cavs.com
- (1/24) Spurs Spoil LeBron's Moment as Cavs Funk Continues Cavs.com
- (1/24) Marla’s 37 shots from beyond the arc on Lue’s impending change, Cavs’ tipping point and LeBron’s special moment Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/24) Cavaliers notebook: Kevin Love named All-Star for fifth time Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/24) Spurs 114, Cavaliers 102: LeBron James reaches 30,000-point mark, but grievance-airing meeting has no visible effect on court Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/24) Cavaliers report: Kevin Love on Monday’s emotional team meeting: ‘Most people were a target’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/24) LeBron James youngest to 30,000 points; ESPN reports link Cavaliers to Kings’ Hill News-Herald
- (1/24) James passes 30,000 points but Spurs win, 114-102 News-Herald
- (1/24) Cavaliers have meeting to vent frustration News-Herald
- (1/24) Final Thoughts: Inside the fallout of Monday’s team meeting, why Kevin Love won't ask to be traded, and LeBron James joining the 30,000-point club The Athletic
- (1/24) Lloyd: Cavs meeting Monday will be remembered as season's turning point, for better or worse The Athletic
- (1/24) Cavs forward Kevin Love named All-Star for fifth time Waiting For Next Year
- (1/24) Dribbles: Cavs stay active, but only off court Amico Hoops
- (1/24) Results don’t change for Cavs, but finally, lineup will Amico Hoops
- (1/24) Carr, Russell to talk hoops at Shaw JCC sports dinner Cleveland Jewish News
- (1/24) Tyronn Lue to make changes to Cavaliers' lineup ESPN.com
- (1/24) LeBron James becomes seventh member of 30,000-point club ESPN.com
- (1/24) Sources: Cavs working to trade for Kings guard George Hill ESPN.com
- (1/24) LeBron James Celebrates 30,000th Point and Then He Scores It New York Times
- (1/24) The Cavaliers are broken, and it starts with LeBron’s exit strategy New York Post
- (1/24) Cavaliers zeroing in on their latest mid-season savior New York Post
- (1/24) NBA Power Rankings: Cavs Plummet as Rumors Swirl SI.com
- (1/24) In defense of Kevin Love, the Cavs' most popular scapegoat Sporting News
- (1/24) The Cavs are broken, and trades alone won't fix them Yahoo Sports
- (1/24) Can LeBron James pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as NBA's all-time leading scorer? USA Today