Daily News - January 20, 2018
David Liam Kyle/NBAE/GettyImages
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers: Too many big name players?
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Too many big names?
That's a question the Cleveland Cavaliers have to ask themselves.
The Cavs have six players who have been All-Stars at some point in their careers: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love and Kyle Korver.
That can be good ... or bad.
Let's consider a few things: - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers pursue George Hill, DeAndre Jordan in potential trades
Author: Joe Vardon
Cavs minute: They're 4-1 in their last five and have won three straight at home against the Thunder. But this is a different iteration of the OKC franchise than what the Cavs are used to. ... LeBron James, who needs 25 points for 30,000 in his career, is averaging 28.9 ppg in 25 games against the Thunder -- his third-highest scoring average against any team. ... Dwyane Wade is one of two bench players in the league averaging at least 11 points, four rebounds, and three assists. ... Iman Shumpert (knee surgery) remains out. ... Seven of the Cavs' 12 remaining games before the All-Star break are on national TV. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love's role starting to dwindle with Isaiah Thomas' return
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Days after the Cavaliers' top players expressed concerns that the front office would not seek trades to upgrade the roster by the Feb. 8 deadline, the team has apparently reached out to multiple teams about potential deals.
The Cavs called Sacramento about guard George Hill, sources confirmed to Cleveland.com, and according to multiple reports have also expressed interest to the Los Angeles Clippers about center DeAndre Jordan and backup wing Lou Williams.
Yahoo Sports first reported the Cavs' interest in Hill and the New York Times reported the Cavs' call to the Clippers, though it's been no secret the Cavs had interest in the shot-blocking Jordan to help fix their broken defense. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/20) Cavaliers have another big game at The Q Saturday against Thunder, and they feel better about it Cleveland.com
- (1/20) Cleveland Cavaliers' altered second unit is a work in progress, but Tyronn Lue liked first glimpse Cleveland.com
- (1/20) #CavsThunder Game Preview – January 20, 2018 Cavs.com
- (1/20) As Cavaliers delve into third-quarter malaise, Dwyane Wade keeps his eye on the season’s ‘story’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/20) By the Numbers: How the West Was Won Cavs.com
- (1/20) Cavaliers notebook: Report says Cavs showing trade interest in Kings guard George Hill Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/20) Who got All-Star votes from NBA players? News-Herald
- (1/20) Cavs Plus/Minus: Why do the Cavs collapse in third quarters? The Athletic
- (1/20) Cavaliers pursuing DeAndre Jordan, George Hill via trade Fear the Sword
- (1/20) Three Cavs linked to reported interest in Kings’ Hill Amico Hoops
- (1/20) 5-on-5: What’s the future hold for LeBron and PG-13 ESPN.com
- (1/20) LeBron James, Stephen Curry are captains, to draft NBA All-Star Game teams News-Herald
- (1/20) Cavaliers Pursue DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams Ahead of N.B.A. Trade Deadline New York Times
- (1/20) Cavs: In their usual January swoon, LeBron and Co. being questioned again Medina-Gazette
- (1/20) Sources: Cavs expressing interest in deal for Kings guard George Hill Yahoo Sports
- (1/20) Report: Cavaliers interested in George Hill trade with Kings Pro Basketball Talk
- (1/20) Cavs Can’t Use Magic To Make Their Troubles Disappear Despite 104-103 Win 92.3 The Fan
- (1/20) Cavaliers Trade Rumors: Cleveland Pursuing DeAndre Jordan, Lou Williams Deals Bleacher Report