Daily News - January 2, 2018
Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Isaiah Thomas hints at special 2018 after frustrating and tough process where he lost his 'powers'
Author: Chris Fedor
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- The slow grind is finally over.
Isaiah Thomas, who has been rehabbing a significant hip injury for months, his attitude getting worse as he got closer to his season debut, was smiling once again when discussing the lengthy process to medical clearance. And he's eager to make up for lost time.
"It's a blessing," Thomas said following Monday's practice, one in which he participated in a full-court 5-on-5 scrimmage for the first time. "It's been a long process for me. It's been a frustrating and tough process but at the same time you got to trust it. Each and every day, I just attacked it every day to try to get better and now that day is here. I haven't played in so long so it's going to be a weird feeling tomorrow but I'm happy. I'm happy it's here." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers wisely taking it slow with Isaiah Thomas
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Go slow.
That's the approach everyone should take when it comes to Isaiah Thomas.
The Cleveland Cavaliers point guard will make his season debut in Tuesday's game against the Portland Trailblazers at Quicken Loans Arena. He is coming off a major hip injury. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Isaiah Thomas to make his Cavaliers debut Tuesday, will be on minutes restriction
Author: Chris Fedor
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Isaiah Thomas will make his long-awaited Cleveland Cavaliers debut on Tuesday night when the team hosts the Portland Trail Blazers, head coach Tyronn Lue said following Monday's practice.
Thomas, who has been rehabbing from a hip injury that he originally suffered in March, will come off the bench for the first time since the 2015-16 regular season and be on an undisclosed minutes restriction. He won't play back-to-backs until the medical staff allows, meaning Thomas will miss the game against his old team on Wednesday night, as the Cavs open a five-game road trip in Boston.
With Thomas coming off the bench, Jose Calderon will remain in the starting lineup and how Thomas is used alongside playmaker Dwyane Wade is a bit of an unknown. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Portland Trail Blazers, Game 37 preview and listings Cleveland.com
- (1/2) #CavsBlazers Game Preview - January 2, 2018 Cavs.com
- (1/2) Isaiah Thomas set to make Cavaliers debut on Tuesday in Cleveland against Trail Blazers Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/2) Thomas to make Cavaliers debut Jan. 2 against Portland News-Herald
- (1/2) Isaiah Thomas to make Cavs Debut Tuesday Waiting for Next Year
- (1/2) Isaiah Thomas To Make Cavaliers Debut Tuesday Vs. Blazers 92.3 The Fan
- (1/2) Thomas can’t wait to break seal on his Cavaliers debut Amico Hoops
- (1/2) Cavs say Isaiah Thomas will make season debut Tuesday ESPN.com
- (1/2) Koby Altman got his dream job -- and all the challenges it comes with ESPN.com
- (1/2) How Much Will Isaiah Thomas Improve the Cavaliers? New York Times
- (1/2) Isaiah Thomas to make Cavaliers debut Tuesday vs. Trail Blazers USA Today
- (1/2) Isaiah Thomas to make Cavaliers debut Tuesday vs. Portland Pro Basketball Talk
- (1/2) Metrics 101: Ranking NBA's Best Big 3s Bleacher Report
- (1/2) The Isaiah Thomas Experiment Begins Now The Ringer